Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daylilybedmaker

Thursday's Blooms

daylilybedmaker
3 years ago

Overcast all day and hoping for some rain.

ISABELLE ROSE: Fantastic plant

JELLYFISH JEALOUSY: I love how they seem to float.

WALKING IN BEAUTY: Another one that I thought that I had gotten rid of. Slow increaser.

LEDGEWOOD'S JUMPSTART: Great clarity of colors

GAVIN PETIT: Best season ever for this one.

VERTICAL HORIZON: This is a great plant. I need to hybridize with it as it is supposed to be a good parent.

INDY SHOCKER: I wish it was this vibrant. This is the most difficult daylily to photograph. The iPhone enhances the color and my other camera just does not pick up the differentiation between the eye and petal.

RUBY STORM

SKINNY DIPPER

More in the comments

Comments (11)

• organic_kitten
    3 years ago

I like to see Isabelle Rose, David, It is such a pretty one , but the hybridizer says it does not do well in the south, so I guess I won't try it. I really like Ruby Storm, and Vertical Horizon is a beauty. such nice colors.

kay

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    3 years ago

Ruby Storm is my pick today. It's a good grower for us. Walking in Beauty is indeed beautiful, but ours didn't do well and we got rid of it.

Nancy

• daylilybedmaker
    Original Author
    3 years ago

NEON FLAMING= good plant. I still like WHITE EYES PINK DRAGON better.

ELLISON SEEDLING: Thick substance. I like it.

SKINNY DIPPER: FFO

JT DAVIS

That is all

David

• mantis__oh
    3 years ago

Isabelle Rose makes such a presence in the garden, it is hard to imagine any other tall white diploid matching its performance. Certainly not in the North. Gavin Petit has looked good the past two years. Its foliage, though, tends to be crappy.

• shive
    3 years ago

Vertical Horizon and Isabelle Rose are my favorites. Vertical Horizon has been on my wish list for several years. Let me know how it goes with hybridizing with that one. I have both Neon Flamingo and White Eyes Pink Dragon. I like the bloom on Neon Flamingo better, but White Eyes is definitely the better plant here.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    3 years ago

Jellyfish Jealousy is blooming here too although on shorter than typical scapes. We got only a small amount of rain yesterday. Nice pic of Isabelle Rose.

Julia

• lilykate7a
    3 years ago

I really like the color of Vertical Horizon. And so pretty in that bouquet. Isabelle Rose is always gorgeous but, as Kay said, if not a Southern performer, we will admire from afar! J.T. Davis has such a pretty form.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    3 years ago

Ledgeoods Jump Shot, Ruby Storm and Vertical Horizon would be my top picks. A nice assortment...............Maryl

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

I hope Isabelle Rose does ok here, looks good so far. Ruby Storm is beautful, I like Vertical Horizon too. I debated between White Eyes Pink Dragon and Neon Flamingo, and ended up with WEPD from recommendations. I may end up getting Neon Flamingo one day,l too though. Gotta get'em all, LOL.

• daylilybedmaker
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Julia,

we did not get much rain either.

• nat4b
    3 years ago

Really love that Ellison seedling! The color, the edge. Isabelle Rose is very pretty. Ooh Walking in Beauty is too beautiful to get rid of, it probably doesn't take that much room ;)