Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth_sobieszczyk

Bosch or Zline Gas Range?

BA Sail
3 years ago

Hello - Doing a major home reno in Canada. Looking for a >$3,500 30" gas range (potentially dual-fuel but may need panel upgrade). I use the burners about 2xs/day in a variety of ways and the oven about 4 x/week. I've purchased a Bosch fridge and dishwasher. Love their look but not pleased with the look of Bosch's range. Noticed Zline makes a handsome and affordable model but haven't seen one "live". Which would you choose in gas - the Bosch or Zline and why? Open to other suggestions. Thanks!

Bosch - HGI8056UC (can get deal on a retired 54UC): https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/bosch-32-4-8-cu-ft-true-convection-5-burner-slide-in-gas-range-hgi8056uc-stainless-steel/13796940

Zline: https://www.wayfair.ca/appliances/pdp/zline-kitchen-and-bath-zline-30-4-cu-ft-freestanding-dual-fuel-range-zlkn2016.html?piid=50099888

Comments (10)

• K Hanz
    3 years ago

Struggling with the same decision (Bosch vs ZLine 30" range) and came across your question. Which one did you go with? Would love to hear how it's going. Especially interested in hearing how the Zline oven performs (lots of complaints online) and ease of cleaning Bosch's SS top and Zline's black enamel top.

• BA Sail
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I went with Bosch because we got a great deal. haven't installed it yet, and won't until late Nov. sorry. the zline is much prettier IMHO.

• Deborah Perry
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I ordered a BOSCH because Zline is made in China. Zale appliances recommended the Bosch. I also saw a lot of complaints about Zline after it is bought. I hope it will be alright because it cost 3,999 plus taxes.

• Gary Kyles
    3 years ago

I bought a Zline 36" gas stove with electric oven, and have had it for over a month now. I've hosted a few dinner parties with it and can't say enough good things about it. Just this past weekend, I had a few friends over and used 5 out of the 6 burners at the same time, as well as the oven, without issue. I've made homemade bread in the oven several times now and it always come out great (highly recommend using a pizza stone with it). I don't have an extra oven thermometer, but just judging by how well it cooks, I'd say the temp is pretty accurate.

I'm pretty jazzed about it and looking to replace my vent hood soon with a Zline hood as well, to match my oven. From what I read online, their oven parts are sourced from around the world. I can confirm the burner system they use is manufactured in Italy (says it underneath the burner) but the rest of it is made in China, I'm pretty sure. I was wary of that as well at first, but I'm over the moon with this purchase. Nearly half the cost of a Bosch, arrived within a week, and I've been using it nearly every day without issue.

In more ways than one, this oven is so much better than the previous one that was in my house (even just the way it looks, alone, some of my friends thought I paid a lot more for it than I did). I sound like a fan boy right now, but I just feel like I definitely got my money's worth and wanted to share my experience.

• Mike B
    3 years ago

I love my gas range from zline. I did a compete remodel last year and ended up going with zline kitchen appliances. My wife and I often host parties and wanted something to showoff a bit without breaking the bank. Our range hood with built-in bluetooth and our gas range are literally conversation starters! They work fantastic as well. We have had no issues.

• Sean Conroy
    3 years ago

I purchased the durasnow appliances for my kitchen about 6 months ago and I love them. They look beautiful and work great. I am professional chef and I put them to work a lot! The 48" range is consistent and powerful. The range hood provides a lot of ventilation and keeps the air clean. I am very satisfied with zline.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 years ago

@lewisdavidson Hi there!

We sincerely apologize for the experience you've had with your Range's oven fans and the late response. This thread just came to our attention and we're working to make sure all of our customer's needs are met! Our oven fans do make some noise, but they shouldn't be unbearably loud. If you think these fans are abnormally loud please submit a case with our customer service team at zlinekitchen.com/contact and we'll have a member of our team assist you right away!

Regarding our showrooms, we have lots located throughout the U.S.! You can find a showroom near you using our Showroom Finder here: https://www.zlinekitchen.com/showroom-map

Thank you!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 years ago

@Deborah Perry Hi Deborah!

Our appliances are manufactured in China, Italy, and Germany! If you ever have any questions regarding our appliances or their performance please contact us at zlinekitchen.com/contact and we'd be happy to answer any and all of your questions!

We apologize for the late response, this thread just came to our attention and we're working on replying to all of our customers and potential customers!

Thank you.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 years ago

@Gary Kyles @Mike B @Sean Conroy We're so happy to hear you are all happy with your ZLINE products! We work diligently to make sure all of our customers can share the same experience you folks have had!

If you ever have any questions please reach out to our customer service team at zlinekitchen.com, and we'll have a member of our team assist you right away!

Thank you.