Software
Houzz Logo Print
jcnash

Question about hardwood floor gap separation on ends of some boards

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Should I be concerned? White Oak 3/4" hardwood. This is a new build, that we've been in for several months. To be honest, I can't say if this is a new realization, or if the floors have been this way since we moved in. These pictures are in the walk-in pantry, but I've noticed some other areas where they are also evident. The flooring contractor was said to be one of the best in the business.
We know the boards were acclimated to the proper Rh before being installed. We have AdvanTech sub-flooring and the house sits on an encapsulated crawl space, so we are assuming it shouldn't be a moisture issue.
The boards were installed prior to the sheet-rock stage, which gave the contractor a generous working window for nailing down the boards.
I'm hoping this issue will not get any worse...what are your thoughts?


New Home · More Info

Comment