Software
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_roth63

Front Door & Garage Door Colors

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We close on our house on Thursday and one of the first things I want to do is paint the front door and garage doors.

Here is what it looks like now (yes, I know the front light isn't substantial enough but that won't get replaced for a bit as it's brand new)

I'm in NH and fun colored front doors are a thing and I LOVE bright, fun colored doors.

I'm thinking SW Iron Ore for the garage door but not sure about front door. Hubs has knocked out anything that leans pink or lime green.



Any of these?








Comments (12)

  • 6 years ago

    Paint the garage door to match the siding so it pulls less focus. Seems any of the door colors would be bright and fun. The front entry is where you want the focus.

  • 6 years ago

    I agree with chloebud about the garage door color should match the house color.

    The orange front door looks great!

  • 6 years ago

    I had a house once that was gray and I painted the front door a high gloss yellow. I think gray and yellow work well together. I also like orange. Rust is a color that Benjamin Moore recommends for an exterior accent.



  • 6 years ago

    my one concern with gray and the main reason I didn't pick it is it's going to be hard to get the correct gray! haha. I think I saw some left over siding when we did the walk-through yesterday so I can head to SW with a sample and try it.







  • 6 years ago

    Personally, I like the slightly darker garage. It still recedes/grounds things without blending in too much. I feel like the exact match will look washed out.
    Some landscaping with some color will also help a lot.
    Love all your door options!

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Agree with grey for the garage, but darker than house and teal with a grey undertone would be a very attractive combination.






  • 6 years ago

    These are my favorites.

  • 6 years ago

    I like the teal door with the iron ore garage #4. However I would only paint the door teal and leave the sidelights white. I think a black or teal door would look nice with the white garage door too. Consider adding some large lights to the sides of the garage, awning over the entry door and larger more modern house numbers.

  • 6 years ago

    I would add color to door only..leaving sidelights white ....but i would consider a paler color that would not shout as much ...for instance the paler aqua rather than the dark turquoise....would go better with the gray...in that case the white garage door is fine

  • 6 years ago

    I would also consider a color that is more tonal that could also be used on the trim as well..this would perhaps lessen the drab element of the gray a little more..a sage green perhaps

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I also would leave the sidelites white and choose the same tone for the front door in yellow, rust or aqua as your siding color. What a great house! You can't go wrong with the accent color on your front door with white sidelites :) I agree with Mrs1916 about the garage door being just one shade darker than the siding - but not dark gray as it is too dark.

  • 6 years ago

    I’m an outlier and like a dark garage. But mine is also, terrible to many here, black and forward facing lol

    I vote for a teal blue for door not sidelights