Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mt8118

Ashley or La-Z-Boy? or Lane?

Robert Grant
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My budget is limited, and I need the most comfortable thing for my back, which is either an Ashley loveseat I tried, a 2nd La-z-boy recliner, or possibly a Lane loveseat that I haven't looked at yet.

These are under $500 each and the most I can afford. The obvious choice seems to be the 2nd recliner, because I've heard bad things about Ashley and have had excellent luck with my first La z boy, which is still in excellent condition after 10 years. But the Ashley sofa seems really nice and has excellent back support and is more suitable for my apartment. I will be looking at the Lane loveseats soon at Big Lots, and the website says they are made in the USA.

There are not many other affordable choices here from stores with full-service delivery service (which I require), just a lot of unknown brands that may be less durable and less comfortable than Ashley.

Any suggestions on what would be the best option for me? I'm anticipating being warned not to buy Ashley, and that the made-in-USA Lane might be a good option. If the Lane sofas are uncomfortable I will probably just get another La z boy recliner and hope for more good luck.

Comments (2)