brandon_garner91

Unidentified bloom

Brandon Garner

Probably not the best way to identify. This was in a public park next to a rose labeled 'Othello'. It was in the same area as 'Sally Holmes' and 'Graham Thomas'. I may have better pics of the bush an flowers but I will have to look. Starting with the easiest picturof it I can get to. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Brandon

• jerijen

I learned that photos in an initial post just could NOT be really big files. They don't post. If I reduce them to 7-ins. at the largest dimension x 300 dpi, They post easily. Try it!

I wish I could suggest an ID for your posted rose. It sort of has an "Austin-ish" look, doesn't it? But I don't recognize it.

Brandon Garner thanked jerijen
  • Paul Barden

My guess is 'Evelyn'.

Its definitely modern, and I'm pretty certain its an Austin.

Brandon Garner thanked Paul Barden
  • Brandon Garner

Thank you for the tip on posting pictures Jeri. I just need to learn how to do that on my phone

• jerijen

ERG! Not sure I'd know how to do it on my phone!!!

You know, can you send them to yourself, and then edit size on a desktop?

Brandon Garner thanked jerijen
  • Brandon Garner

Jeri, I can definitely try that

• comtessedelacouche (10b S.Australia: hotdryMedclimate)

An early-ish Austin was my first thought too... not that I know much about DAs at all; just looking at the foliage and blackspot... :-)

Does it appear to be a bush/shrub or a climber? What sort of size is it?

Any chance of a full plant shot, and maybe some close-ups of buds, sepals, canes/prickles, etc?