Software
Houzz Logo Print
nashvegas007

Too much rain for new seed?

5 years ago

I had planned to put down fescue seed this weekend on my now all dirt backyard.

However, I live in Tennessee are we are expected to get the remnants of the hurricane currently in the gulf.
The current rain forecast is 0.5" on Fri, 0.5" on Sat, and 0.25" on Sunday.

If I put the seed down Friday morning will that be too much rain?

I live on a flat plot so I am not too worried about the seed washing away, but do worry about the seed getting buried too far in the mud.

I can wait till Monday of course but hated to wait 3 days since I think I am pushing the limits on when I can still plant seed, and thought the rain might help with the growth if it wasn't too much.

Comment (1)