Software
Houzz Logo Print
kentc

how to evaluate low voltage lighting

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm getting ready to install some low voltage LED landscape lighting. When I take on a new project I usually go to Youtube first to research. I've found many videos about methods and design but surprisingly almost none that evaluate products. Surprisingly since that is what Youtube is good at, having a huge pool of people speaking up about products they like or hate

From what I can tell FX Luminaire is at or near the top for quality and price and the cheapo Lowe's/Home Depot lights are at the bottom (which I already knew) but things go dark in the middle. I generally try to buy quality but not top of the line. So I'm hoping some pros here can weigh in on what other lighting lines out there offer good quality and a better price than the premium brands.

I'm interested in all metal construction but not necessarily copper or brass, replaceable bulbs and a good warranty. Who hits the sweet spot for quality and affordability?

I am in the suburban valleys of Los Angeles so cool rainy winters that last from November to March and hot dry summers.

Comments (3)