Software
Houzz Logo Print
walkerrph

Kitchen app color

13 years ago
Have bought home with cherry cab & floors & black app- should I change to SS- opens to great room & lots of light including under counter & solar tube?

Comments (14)

  • 13 years ago
    If the appliances are fine, I wouldn't change them for now. You can change them later, when they need to be changed. When you do get a new fridge, get one that lines up nicely with the cabinets, without sticking out like the current one.
  • 13 years ago
    It's called counter depth. And looks so much better. But looks like what is there. I like the black. Stainless is so over done and hard to maintain. Cabinets are a great color.
    walkerrph thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • 13 years ago
    Why change appl? They are brand new. You have plenty of light. No solar tubes. Everything is perfect.
    walkerrph thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • 13 years ago
    You need 3 very nice bar stools. Area rugs under table in kitchen. ANd living rm a big 8 x 10 will make it more cozy.
    walkerrph thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • 13 years ago
    I prefer black appliances even though I know they are not the "in thing" right now. I also understand SS is very hard to keep free of fingerprints, etc. I agree with the above comments about bar stools, a rug for the dining area, and adding color. Last, enjoy your beautiful new home.
    walkerrph thanked Elizabeth Woodfield
  • 13 years ago
    I too would leave the black. I like it much better than stainless with cherry. Down the road, look at counter depth and consider having cabinet door to match.
    walkerrph thanked lorric
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    HI -- If everything if good and working then I would leave it . You could change over time if you like but I changed and now regret some -- my new dishwasher drives me crazy trying to keep it looking nice , my fridge is the no mark finish and its a counter depth . By the way "counter depth" only saves you 3 inches -- it will still stick out 3 inches past the counter unless you reduce the wall behind the extra 3 inches . This is a beautiful kitchen and the black appliances make it look very rich and classy. The only way to get true counter depth is to buy sub-zero ,but very $$$.
    walkerrph thanked lefty47
  • 13 years ago
    There is a product my neighbor discovered at Walmart that is terrific on SS. But as I am not the greatest housekeeper I would be still wiping them down all the time. We've found the wood and will carry it completely thru the great room as I have area rugs. Then having bookcase built on left side of fireplace and entertainment Ctr on right. Just never worked with cherry before...thanks for everyone's help.
  • 13 years ago
    HI --- Love the two gargoyles you added to the fireplace , te he he he !
    walkerrph thanked lefty47
  • 13 years ago
    One is a realtor but the other is my gargoyles...quite perspective observation!!
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for tip on product at WalMart for SS. We are having new home built that has SS appliances so I'm sure I will need it. I'm also not a stellar housekeeper. :)
  • 13 years ago
    Can't remember the name but is a brand item. Very strange as it's disposable cloths that when you apply to SS will leave almost a sudsy film that you just rub over the SS item and it dissipates taking any hand prints along with it.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks. I'll look for it.