Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katie_kirwan17

Having trouble finding a rug for this space...

3 years ago

I am trying to find something with a boho feel with color. I am also open to changing what is already there! I appreciate any help! Thank you!

Comments (18)

• 3 years ago

bump

• PRO
    3 years ago

Something like this might be nice:

Consigned, Multi Oriental Kilim Wool Flat-Woven Persian Style Area Rug 5'2"X3'2" · More Info

Picks up the grays and pinks nicely and brings in some other color and pattern, too.

• 3 years ago

I think a fun black and white rug would work better than something too colorful.

• 3 years ago

I happen to like the rug. I think the coffee table is throwing it off because it’s just a different style although I happen to love the farmhouse style of it. Maybe put it in a mother space in your house. Also think the pink should go

• 3 years ago

As well as the little chairs. They’re very cute just maybe in your playroom or something. Also curtains would look great
    Do you want to add a sectional couch? I feel like it’s a great room for that so cozy.
    You have a lot of really great pieces. I think some just don’t cohere well together

Paintings also nice but maybe in the kitchen or something. I would leave the wall above the fireplace empty and add more vases and frames to the mantle

• PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
    3 years ago

Hi Katie,

Thank you for inviting me to step into your living room. Something about your room caught my eye. You have some good things working in the room. Your focus wall in the room is of course, a "Contemporary" fireplace. It's clear to see you are a happy and cheerful person. (The pinks are "tells".)

I saw this rug from Serena & Lily and thought of your room rug request. It's a solution without a lot of changes, and adds another cool color, orange, as a complementary color. To capture this orange hue in your cheery room, you could add throw pillows, art, or an accent wall over the fireplace.

However; if you want to make major changes or a complete remodel, to achieve your "Desired Vision" then first, ask yourself, "What Style design do you want to live in? Are you looking for traditional, contemporary, country, or something else? Pick one and choose furnishings from that "Like Kind" of style. We all remember Sesame Street, "All like things go together". So even if you like a piece that is a country style accent, wall sconce, chair, and well, any detail; but, your desired results are for a contemporary designed room, I'd pass on the item you like that is country. I would then take my passion forward to find another piece that is contemporary I love and will be properly suited for the room style.

Your focus wall is contemporary and a lovely feature. I would emphasize that wonderful wall and match the rest of the room to the style. Designers usually remove everything and start fresh. This isn't practical for everyone. I'd definitely paint above the fireplace in a dark pink or orange if you add the hue to your palette. .Also to transition to contemporary, you will need to remove "Not Like" wood furniture pieces and accent pieces. Then update to a glass coffee table, rod iron or comfy ottoman. Remember to update accent pieces to compliment the room style, add some lux texture on the floor and sofa pillows.

Good Luck

CC

• PRO
    3 years ago

And don't forget to update lighting. There are so many fun choices available.

• 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

How fun! Rugsusa has a sort by style filter and 'Bohemian' is an option. Every rug I tried in your room looked great!

• 3 years ago

• 3 years ago

Safavieh Moroccan Fringe Shag MFG245B 8'x10' Cream, Charcoal Rug · More Info

Contemporary Area Rug, Sleek Polypropylene With Floral Tribal Pattern, Grey · More Info

Isabella Home Gray Area Rug, 8'x10' · More Info

• 3 years ago

love boho and totally feeling your "coolest family ever" vibe! Melissa R found some great options! personally, the 3rd choice with the diamond pattern pulls it all together. -- a nod to traditional but fun. The Serena sugesstion above would be wonderful too!

• 3 years ago

I love the 4th and the 7th rug option above in your space! What a kind gesture to try so many rugs for your eye to see. It is a lovely room.

• 3 years ago

heres a couple more ideas

• PRO
    3 years ago

Hi Katie,

I "Liked" one of the displayed rugs. What a nice touch the reader posted for you!! It has more pink and makes the room pop, blends the pinks into the room, and is pretty.

• 3 years ago

I liked the 6th and 7th options from the first group and most of the ones Theresa posted. Are any of these going in the right direction? I like your pink accents! They’re cheerful. Your furniture is so neutral that you can have a rug for every season and they’ll all look good.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH