Software
Houzz Logo Print
mike_lee2

Painting Bulkheads?

5 years ago

Hello,

We just moved into a newer 2-story home and are having some trouble with figuring out paint. The entire house is still builder-grade primer (chalky flat texture).

We were looking toward doing a light gray tone on the walls with matte, flat white ceiling and Semi-gloss white on all trims and doors.

The issue we are having is our first floor is full of bulkheads. I can’t decide to paint them white to blend in with the ceiling or gray to blend in with the walls. I don’t want to do both.

Looking toward the kitchen I can see how white may make the ceiling look almost like a tray ceiling but the living room and dining room I don’t think the same.

Can I color the kitchen bulkheads in white and the other two rooms the wall color? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!