Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abbybergstrom

Coretec - Southhampton, Bedford or Ravenswood

abbybergstrom
3 years ago

Hello! We are looking to install COREtec Pro Plus Enhanced HD - 9-1/16" Wide Embossed Vinyl Flooring across our first floor, which includes a front room that is vaulted, the kitchen, and a fireplace area that you step down into. We are looking at Southhampton, Bedford and Ravenswood, but I can't seem to find any installed photos that aren't computer generated. Would anyone mind sharing their installed flooring?

Comments (44)

• Heather P
    3 years ago

@abbybergstrom I'm also looking at Ravenswod and Southampton. I haven't been able to find sample boards in my area. Do you have any pictures of the sample boards?

• JD
    2 years ago

Here is Ravenswood (halfway) installed. It pulls a little pink, and sometimes gray, but overall, I really like it. This room has very little light in this pic. Will share more below.

• JD
    2 years ago

• JD
    2 years ago

Ravenswood Oak

• JD
    2 years ago

• JD
    2 years ago

Here you can see it pulling a little more gray (no lights on)

• Rani Ray
    2 years ago

@abbybergstrom @Heather P: Did you guys find southamton sample. I am trying to decide too. @JDAre you happy with ravenwood. I am condused between witshire and ravenswood. Is ravenswood very light ?

• ne
    2 years ago

Hi wondering if you ever chose between those options and have a pic? In the same dilemma!

• Wanda Reeb
    2 years ago

I am looking at the bedford oak. Does anyone have it. Do you have pictures of it. Does it look light or dark.

• jfoley22
    last year

I’m also looking at Bedford Oak and woukd love to see a pic

• Wanda Reeb
    last year
    last modified: last year

I ordered the bedford oak. It is in at the store. Haven't seen it yet. The installer is booked till May 9th. Hope I didn't make a mistake. Does anyone have the bedford oak?

• Sangeetha
    last year

I’m also looking at Bedford oak..here is the samples comparison. I have Wiltshire oak, ravenswood, Bedford, manor oak and Cambridge elm

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

Did you decide on one.

• Sangeetha
    last year

Leaning towards Bedford oak

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

I'm doing the whole house except the bathrooms in Bedford oak. I had to coordinate it where it met the tile in the bathrooms doorways. And my kitchen cabinets which I'm not replacing. Hopefully they will start install the 9th. Will let you know how it looks. Hope I made the right decision. I had all kinds of samples home that looked nice in the store. When I brought them home they just didnt look the same or go with other items in the home.

• Sangeetha
    last year

It would be awesome for sure. Plz post as soon as it’s done

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

My floors are done. They finished installing the Coretec Bedford Oak. Looks amazing. Trying to take pictures that look like it looks in person. Have some rooms that have lots of big windows and daylight. Looks lighter in those areas. And rooms with less light is a little darker. So glad I didnt go any darker. Or any lighter. The color is perfect and coordinates with the other areas in the home. If I can get some pictures that look like it does in real will post them.

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

Coretec Bedford Oak. Here it is. Don't know why but this looks darker than it does in real.

• jfoley22
    last year

Hurry! Dying to see

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

Another during installation. More light in this room. Waiting for painters to come back. Baseboard needs to be painted where carpet covered it.

Really like it. Really makes the rooms look bigger. Everything flows from room to room. The only place they used transitions was the doorways to the bathrooms where it met the tile.

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

Coretec Bedford Oak.

Different rooms in day light

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

Did anyone else get the Coretec Bedford Oak? Do you like it. I am so glad I did. Love it. Cleans up beautiful with the Coretec Original Encore care for Luxury vinyl floor with microfiber mop. Called Coretec and using what they recommend.

• jfoley22
    last year

Thanks so much for posting these. It helped solidify my decision to go with Bedford. I’ll post pics in June after installation. Thanks again

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

I saved 2.44 cents per square foot less than what Coretec was asking per square foot. Dont know if I should put the info on here. If you send me a message I can give you the information. It saved me a lot if money doing the whole house. The more you purchase they can usually get the price down. If I can be of any help let me know. I am really happy with mine.

• dldigi
    last year

I'm looking to use the Ravenswood and go over my existing tile floor. What are your thoughts on the product in general? Do you mind how it feels under your feet, and do your mind the sound of walking on it?

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

I have the Bedford Oak. It cleans up nice. I had carpet before. I do miss the softness of carpet. I have tile in my bathrooms and I find the tile is a harder surface to stand on. And can be hard on the feet. The vinyl planks dont feel as hard as the tile. Waiting for the baseboards to he painted. There is some Echo or empty sound in the rooms. I think once everything is moved back in place. Some throw rugs at entrances and curtains hung will help absorb that. We don't wear shoes in the house. Walking with socks not hearing much sound. The only down side for me is trying to find rugs for the entrances and the kitchen. You can only use certain rugs and pads. Would be nice if I could use what I had. But Coretec is telling me no rubber, latex or silicon rugs or pads. Will stain the vinyl flooring. Have to find the right rugs and pads.

• dldigi
    last year

Thanks for the response!! I totally understand what you are saying about the rugs which I did not know about. Without rug pads, they can tend to slip which is not the greatest. I don’t usually use a fabric rug by my kitchen sink so we’ll have to rethink that as well

• Karthi
    last year

@Wanda Reeb I have all house with bedford oak but it will get over only by the year end. All your photos and information is really helpful and yours seems awesome!!!

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

Thank you. It is a lot of work moving everything and then the clean up. We had 3 patio doors removed in three rooms going into the Florida room all along the back of the house. Now it is all open. No transitions in doorways. Really makes it seem big. The removal of the patio doors and sanding and finishing the walls created a lot of dust. But glad we did it. Hope you like yours once it is finished.

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

There are rug pads that will keep the rugs from sliding you just have to make sure what they are made of so as not to damage your flooring. Also if using a rug that does not have a backing and is like cotton you have to make sure the color doesn't bleed onto the floor. Plus it will move around and a slip hazard. Or anchor the rug under furniture. It's hard to know what to do. Some will say it's ok and then you read where it isn't. And Coretec says no to a lot of things that are being said are ok. I don't want to use something that will have a chemical reaction with the vinyl and permanently discolor and stain my flooring.

• dldigi
    last year

Wanda you mentioned saving on your flooring and that you are in Florida. I am also in Florida. Not sure what you can share here .. dont know how to message you

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

I don't know how to message you either. I will see if I can find out a way. Would be willing to give you the information but don't think I should put it here.

• dldigi
    last year

Wanda email me dldigi@aol.com

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

Did you get my email. And have you decided on what to get?

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

Does anyone know what kind of vacuum cleaner is the safest for the vinyl planks. Coretec said no beater bars. I have a Shark but it has a beater bar and the beater bar can't be shut off. I don't want to scratch my floors. I have a soft broom and a microber dust mop. The broom is soft but think a vacuum would pick up dust better. Don't know if this is the place to ask this.

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

I need some information. The place that Coretec recommended for rug pads is out of stock on everything and has been for awhile.

Today the painters came to do the baseboard and quarter round. They would not move my refrigerator out to do the baseboard and quarter round. They did not want to chance scratching the floors. We have always moved our refrigerator and stove to clean under and behind. This is not going to work for us. We are elderly and should not have to deal with this.

They said to put all these felt pads under everyrhing. The chairs last a day or two and pads came off the chairs and they were stuck to the floor. Then had to clean the pads and the glue off my floors. We are careful. My husband is not happy at all. Too much care.

Cant get a rug pad to put under a rug for under the table and chairs. At least with carpet didn't have to deal with this.

Anyone else have regrets.

Also my husband was wearing socks. Everyday at the end of the day he had big holes in the bottoms of his socks. At first we didnt realize it was the floors. We bought new socks the same thing. Had to buy a pair of house slippers to wear in the house or replace socks everyday.

Is anyone else dealing with this.

• Wanda Reeb
    last year

It has been awhile since my Coretec

Bedford Oak vinyl planks were installed. Just would like to let everyone know that the painters that came to do the touch up paint. The first thing they said when they walked in how much they like the floor and color. In addition to that there have been 4 different people here just this week. Each one the first thing they say when they walk in is they love my floors.

• Sangeetha
    last year

@Wanda - Awesome to know this. Best wishes.. waiting

• Krysti Taunton
    last year

@wanda could you email the info on discounted floor? Krysti.taunton@icloud.com

• lkafel1
    last year

@wanda could you also please email the discount info to me? lorikafel@gmail.com

• Maria Jensen
    last year

Very late to this discussion but just wanted to say that I had Bedford Oak installed in my new build a month ago. I lost many nights of sleep second guessing by choice, but now that it is in, I absolutely love the product and the color! The wide planks just add so much depth to the rooms and the feel is solid. I love my Coretech more than the upgraded engineered wood floors we installed upstairs.

• Sangeetha
    last year

Love to hear the awesome comments on Bedford Oak! Enjoy your living

• Barbara Henk
    11 months ago

Beautiful!