Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andiee_mariaa30

What rug to get?

3 years ago

We kind of have a rustic modern boho kind of look going not sure what kind of rug to get

Comments (21)

• 3 years ago

Plain very light colored rug. With minimal or no detail. Very pretty space

Andie B thanked HU-187528210
  • 3 years ago

You have a lovely living room. I like the rug you have, just think it’s too small. I prefer all the legs of the sofa on a rug.

Would you consider an antique oriental rug in muted tones?

Andie B thanked Sarah
  • 3 years ago

I agree with arlosmom. What is wrong with your current rug?

• 3 years ago

Thank you everyone.

I do like the rug I currently have but like Sarah you pointed out it’s too small for the space. I’d be open to any type of rug. Not sure if we should go with creams and lights greys? Would it wash out the room? Or something with dark greys and blacks in it like we have? Colours are a bit scary for us but open for suggestions.

• 3 years ago

I think a deep colored traditional rug would look amazing in your otherwise very neutral space.

Traditional Persian Rugs · More Info

Andie B thanked calidesign
  • 3 years ago

You have a beautiful space. I would stick with your instincts and look for a rug with creams and/or light greys as you mentioned. It will lighten up the space while keeping the soothing boho vibe.

Andie B thanked kiffkat
  • PRO
    3 years ago

I don’t think the rug is too small for the space. IMO, it is the coffee table which is over sized. You have a large t v, console sectional and green wreath and then the dark heavy coffee table.

Andie B thanked JudyG Designs
  • PRO
    3 years ago

I would stick with black & white pattern- it's perfectly balanced.

Andie B thanked Color Zen
  • PRO
    3 years ago

Agree that the rug style and color you have is nice just undersized

Andie B thanked Niche Interiors
  • 3 years ago

Thanks for help! so many to choose from, different styles and colours and prices, it gets very overwhelming

• 3 years ago

In top search box, I put rustic modern boho in photos. Look at link below and note what you like and don't like in their rugs.

https://www.houzz.com/photos/query/rustic-modern-boho/nqrwns

Andie B thanked Elaine Doremus Resumes Written
  • 3 years ago

Thanks I’ll take a look.

Should I get a rug to go past the couch legs? Or just around the coffee table (see photo example)

• PRO
    3 years ago

I like your concept to keep the area neutral so your existing area rug works great. If you want to introduce color in the space you can do it by adding bright color throw pillows. Like in yellow or turquoise (which you have it in the planter).

Andie B thanked CB Interior Design
  • 3 years ago

Are the colors we see out the window more or less there all the time? If so, the orange tones there and the orangey wood in your coffee table and the armtable of the sofa immediately brought to my mind's eye a patterned Boho-style rug with pops of orange in the pattern.

• 3 years ago

theyre all brown. Photo for some reason made it look orange. There are no orange tones

• 3 years ago

Really pretty. The question about the rug- the rug should be larger. At least part of the furniture should be on top of the rug. Definitely go a nice couple feet larger

Andie B thanked HU-187528210
  • 3 years ago

Thoughts about one of these rugs?

^speckled

^speckled

^^bit shaggy

• 3 years ago

Where is this rug from?!

• 3 years ago

I think you need a rug with some dark contrast or pattern to separate it from the sectional, like your current rug has. Neutral is fine, but you need some interest. Or maybe consider something like a sisal rug that would still be neutral but give you some warmth to offset all the gray.

Napa Inspired Manhattan Beach Tree Section · More Info