Software
Houzz Logo Print
zerodecoratingskilz89

Forever Yellow unfortunately

5 years ago

Hello. We moved into our home 3 years ago. The previous owner painted everything a different shade of yellow. All the trim in the house is an antique white (yellowish). They did this two toned cabinet thingy... and top cabinets appear to have kind been "antiqued"? So they look kinda yellow.. lastly this fireplace has red/yellow stones. OH and the countertops too... they are too yellow.


We repainted the walls SW Canvas Tan, bc it seemed to match the kitchen. I honestly like the color as it changes to more greige most of the time. But in photographs, and other times it also looks yellow.


1. Is there a nuetral Greige that would tone down the yellow red and purples in the fireplace? I've tried agreeable grey on a swatch it looks blue. Revere pewter is too dark.


2. is there a way to do something to this fireplace to make it more nuetral?


I just want my home to be a less warm, more nuetral.


I do plan on resurfacing the cabinets. But first need to do these walls.


THANK YOU (don't mind the mess )








Comments (7)