Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alihopper

kitchen help beside fridge

Ali Ross
3 years ago

If we getting a slightly larger beverage cooler that fits snug and put a microwave with trim kit below, then a drawer underneath would that look ok, we are changing all the cupboards to ikea veddinge as well

Comments (27)

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

This is my inspired picture and these are the cupboard fronts we are going with in other picture

• erinsean
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I think the microwave would be too low. How about drawer, microwave and cooler? I think you would be using the mcrowave more often than opening the cooler so it should be at the right height.

• Sammy
    3 years ago

Agree with putting the beverage fridge on the bottom.

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The microwave would be the height of most that are in islands etc

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

But will be open to more ideas for sure, just feel a raised fridge is more modern/industrial looking but could be wrong.....

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Obviously need a more fitted beverage fridge but this is on bottom and then microwave would go above, but some reason still partial to the beverage fridge raised

• HU-786049761
    3 years ago

Something to think about in terms of practicality would be someone dropping a bottle/can from that upper height and doing damage (dents, cracks in tile etc.) to your floors, especially with little ones, who might hurt themselves as well. I'd hate to have a bottle or can fall on my toes wearing sandals or slippers!

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Lol. I think it boils down to practicality and aesthetic. I won’t say which I prefer lol. But think about it. Fridge below is practical. Above is more aesthetically pleasing , and vice versa

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I appreciate any advice, I’m almost in tears with trying to make decisions

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3 years ago

Beverage coolers unless they are $$$ have to have space to dissipate the heat from the motor. Microwaves are better placed at eye level. These appliances will likely need to be separate circuits.

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The beverage coolers we are looking at vent at the front, we will not be using the one we have now and a microwave and fridge were previously in about the same area and ran fine

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

HU- please let me know what you prefer based on appearance!

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Haha!! I like it higher up better. But I was just thinking maybe we can put in in the island? Than it avoids all headaches. Or is it officially stamped to be on that wall?

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes the island is done and put the dishwasher in island

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

This is our make-shift idea of what it could look like

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

I like it

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

And I think you will too. Don’t overthink it just do it. Worst case you change it, don’t think you will though. Do you use the fridge more than the micro lol 🥂🥂

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Oh yeah totally! Lol

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Haha 👍👍👍

• Design Girl
    3 years ago

Drink fridge on the bottom (from a design standpoint).

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks for your opinion what do you think about the inspiration photo, do you think that beverage cooler should be floor level?

• Design Girl
    3 years ago

I think the inspiration pic is "ok" - not something I would do. It's more balanced as there is one element on either side of the fridge. If you are doing the microwave, I'd definitely put the drink fridge in the lower portion.

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks, I feel like it’s so hard to see a pick drinks, for guests too, they basically have to go on their knees to look in the dark hole

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

I agree. I also, am trying to imagine it the other way around. Maybe take a pic with the micro on top and show. I feel like it will look funny. If my imagination is imagining it correctly.

• Ali Ross
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I think because our fridge is so big, the smaller fridge ground level just looks buried and odd, I wish I had a pic when we flipped it the other way, but I think my husband will kill me if I ask him to switch again to have another look

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Lolol. Try not to die over this