Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_178092618

What am I missing?

5 years ago

Hi, what do I need to make this space look better. Maybe a rug? A sideboard or buffet? If so, what color? I was thinking white but now I think it would be way too much white. The piece in the corner is only temporary, that is going to go. The plant stand will go eventually too. I’m at a standstill, and would love some advice !




Comments (9)

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    IMO the bench could go they are awful for seating for any woman in a dress or skirt and with no back even worse and then cahirs to match the others along the dide of the table in fact I would not do head chairs with that table then add a buffet if you have the space but even if not get a oversized piece of art for that wall.

  • 5 years ago

    The table, floors, and walls are very nice. And it looks like you get great light from those windows. I'd move that plant stand though. It is blocking the main window and doesn't create a sense of space with the outdoors. How about replacing it with the bench from the table and having your plants lower so they still get sun but don't block the windows?

    I agree that the bench isn't great to sit on. And the chairs just don't match the style of the awesome table, especially since they are white and traditional. I'd replace if you can or at least paint them.

    I also agree that you need a large piece of art on the wall or a gallery arrangement of smaller pieces. It needs to reflect your personality!

    Sheila Marie thanked ephillips5
  • 5 years ago

    Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate all of it ! I think I’ll keep the bench for now because I Have young kids who love it, but I certainly won’t be sitting in the hard bench :)

  • 5 years ago

    /ephillips - you mentioned painting the chairs - if I were to do this, what color would you recommend?

  • 5 years ago

    Art on that wall would be great. Hard to tell for sure but it doesn't look like there's room for a buffet/sideboard between the chair and wall. You need at least 36" (more is best) between the chair and any wall or furniture

  • 5 years ago

    If you have young kids you also won't want a rug ;)


    I say move the plants or put on a smaller display area. Add some art and call it a day.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    1. Find a smaller plant stand that goes only to the top of the window sill. Those tall shelves don't work there. Maybe use the bench as your plant stand in the bay window and get three more of the windsor chairs to replace the bench

    2. Get a pretty area rug that picks up the tan wall color as well as other colors like blue or green.

    3. Do a gallery wall of framed botanical prints.



    Original Vintage English Botanical Framed Prints, Set of 4 · More Info


    Kaleen Helena Hand Tufted 3200-77 Silver 2'6" X 8' Runner · More Info


    Paramount Area Rug, 8'10"x12'9" · More Info


  • 5 years ago

    I can’t thank everyone enough! I have this ordered and I’m hoping It will add some warmth