Software
Houzz Logo Print
andreasusser

Powder Room Floor

5 years ago

I am updating the powder room off the kitchen. The kitchen was recently updated . Question .. should I change the floor tiles or leave them as they as so close to kitchen ?

Comments (23)

  • PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    The floor tiles are not the issue in that bathroom, it's the vanity. Change that and the mirror to white. Remove the too large floral arrangement and add a larger wall decor.

  • 5 years ago

    Yes.. the entire bathroom is being gutted. Just wondering about ripping up the tile floor. Thank you

  • 5 years ago

    I would keep the present tile for continuity. Best of luck in your decision❣️

  • 5 years ago

    Thank you so much for commenting 👍🏻

  • 5 years ago

    Removing tile would not work because of where the edges of the tile are. You'd have to cut the tile and leave a sliver where the door closes. Plus, the fewer flooring changes, the better. It looks great as is. :-)

  • 5 years ago

    Yep, agree with the others to keep the existing floor for continuity.

  • 5 years ago

    agreed, keep the tiles. when you update the vanity and other parts of the bathroom, you will probably be happier with the current floor in there.

    lucky you, this means your bathroom update will be really easy!

  • 5 years ago

    Thank you all so much 😁

  • 5 years ago

    The floor tiles look great as they are and they look like they blend with what you have in the kitchen!

  • 5 years ago

    I'd also leave them since it's so close.


    you said you're changing everything. I hope that includes the lighting (bulbs) in there. they're too warm/yellow

    also hope the blinds are going?

    curious as to what you plant on doing in there

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks for the advice. Changing lighting too. And blinds. Going for a lot of white. Haven’t made any choices yet . I really appreciate your input. It’s a very small bathroom.. but I’d love some drama in it .

  • 5 years ago

    Very dated. I want a crisp sleek look with lots of white .. appreciate any input

  • 5 years ago

    Some ideas I like .

  • 5 years ago

    Paint them! Check out this tile I just painted. I would also paint your vanity to give it a new life.

  • 5 years ago

    Oops forgot the before :).
    I see that there is quite a lot of tile in your case. If your painting the tile in the powder room only you could easily create separation with the paint. Or lint an edging from powder room to that hallway or entry to kitchen. @designingonhermind

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Designingonhermind-, you did a great job! which floor paint and sealer did you use? and did you use the stencil from Royal Design studio?

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    Designonhermind, I agree with Beth H. That's an awesome paint job on the tile! Your room went from ho hum to WOW!

  • 5 years ago

    I have a vanity similar to the second one you posted - with the glass shelf under the sink. Good for a powder room. You can put a basket of niceties on the shelf, like toothpaste, sewing kit, aspirin, a comb..... things guests might need.


    On your floor question, I’d leave the one you have. It looks great coming off the kitchen.


    If if you don’t like the floor, there is no reason a bathroom needs to match the room next to it. I still vote keep it, but I also have several bathrooms and none of them have floors that match the attached room.

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks. Great to hear !

  • 5 years ago



    If you don't want to paint, this is my powder room with Quadrostyle floor stickers over beige 12x12 tiles. They are removable as well.

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks

  • 5 years ago

    Hey everyone! I made my own stencil with my cricut machine and traced them all out, taped and painted! My tile was not very flat so the sticker tiles would
    Not have held up for me.