Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_575940606

please help with window treatments

Anne
3 years ago

Hello, we recently completed a renovation of our kitchen/family room which was 28 years old. Could anybody offer recommendations on windows treatments for the French doors and windows? If I do a shade I would like to mount it inside the frame. I posted under kitchens , but I have really received any suggestions so I am reposting under design dilemma.

Comments (19)

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you Beverly! I like this idea. Would you put these on the doors as well? Do you think I need to do any type of window treatment above the windows as well. If you have any inspiration photos I would love that considering my room

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you !!! I like these!

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Have you had good luck with blinds.com? I’ve never ordered online blinds before. They seem to guarantee and have good consultation

• Mel
    3 years ago

Yes I’ve used them for a few rooms.

They even install if you need. The only thing that might be tricky for you are those French doors. I think unfortunately to get that look I posted above in that pic you’d need a small head rail which isnt offered by blinds.com. I think it’s only offered at stores like the shade store and that can get pretty pricey. I used shade store in one room because I wanted inside mount and had only a half inch of depth. I do love them but these small Roman shades were about $350.

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you! They are pricey, but a very lovely look that will last for years. Thank you for sharing.

• Theresa Janssen
    3 years ago

what a lovely renovation. love the blind recommendations. wondering if you need the blinds for the French doors? it looks like the doors open onto a covered porch and with that I am wondering if they are necessary? they may darken the space more than anticipated?

• Theresa Janssen
    3 years ago

I couldn't help but notice your franciscan dishes in the cabinet. my husband inherited a set from his grandmother.... just lovely.

• Mel
    3 years ago

You’re welcome. Good luck! Let me know if you decide on Roman shades for the French doors. I’m curious because I have them myself and left them bare for years because of the cost. But thinking of biting the bullet soon and getting them because you’re right, it’s a timeless, classic look that will last.

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes Mel! Thank you. I will let you know what eventually do! I love your classic stream line look!

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Theresa! Yes those dishes are my most favorite pieces from my grandmother too! They are lovely! Thank you for sharing and spurring great memories for me! Enjoy in the best of health

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

You are right they do open to a covered porch! They just feel so bare and cold. We do have neighbors in the back, but it may be sufficient to cover the windows! I’ll post pictures when we finish! Take care thank you

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I decided to go with honeycomb shades from budget blinds. They were economically feasible and have a great warranty. I also found a piece for under my tv and swivel chairs from home goods. I’m looking for a new ottoman.

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I’m also looking to update my shelves although I can’t paint them maybe new lamps and decor?

• Theresa Janssen
    3 years ago

Love your new swivel chairs, love the style. Your house is looking fantastic.

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you!

• Mel
    3 years ago

Looks great! I would put something on the left of the tv stand to balance it out. Maybe a fiddle leaf fig tree? Pottery barn has great looking faux ones.

• Anne
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz