Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sansonet

Liriope grass ID

starlinka
3 years ago

I have Liriope planted near my house, recently I trimmed some near border since it spreaded too close to that border - I just broke it down to roots with shovel and removed, then covered with mulch. Those trimmed plants I removed I wanted to plant the same way on back on house (mostly shady area), but then went online to read about it and saw lot of horror stories about Liriope spicata type. Not sure what mine is, I had it in that spot for 15 years and while it spreads some, it never went to another side of border, if I see it tries - I just pull it, and I usually spray another side with roundup if something tries to grow there, rest of yard gets mowed regularly. But I still like to know what type it is before I plant it in other places. Berries are black, dont see any blue shade on it, widest leaf I can measure at this time of year is 3/8, I trimmed them on pic after winter, but one on last pic not trimmed yet. This one was transplanted to dif spot year ago so it still compact size and not been spreading yet.

Comments (7)