Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
djdrn2

Kitchen Advice Remodel

djdrn2
3 years ago

Just bought a house with a little kitchen also downstairs, want to try to rent place out. The kitchen needs help. I dont want to spend to much but I want to make it look more inviting. Would live any ideas. The rectangular shelf thing is part cinder block so I cant remove that. Please any help. Thankyou

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Ellen Utley Interiors
    3 years ago

One idea - replacing tiles on one work surface and setting tiles on top of the other work surface to match. Painting walls and cabinets and keeping it all light would make these blend in with the walls, make the space feel larger, tidier, cleaner. A completely new layout would be ideal for a more positive energy and safety.

However that is just my initial idea. It is worth coming up with as many as you can with pen and paper then narrowing it down with pros and cons.

• djdrn2
    Original Author
    3 years ago

thankyou

• jimandanne_mi
    3 years ago

I wouldn't paint the cabinets - with a renter they'll get chipped through to the original wood and look tacky.

Anne

• Isaac
    3 years ago

Why are the cinder blocks there? Are they part of the foundation?

• djdrn2
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The cinder block is under that rectangular thing I wanted to take that out but it's part of the foundation, where the brown bifold is open ,thatsxthe cinder block inside it. I wanted to out a little table there, but cant.

• herbflavor
    3 years ago

put an ikea shelf in the gap above the sink. Put another Ikea shelf under the cabinet that is sitting high around the corner to the right of sink. I would purchase a double door white cabinet to install above the angled counter where the microwave is. something like 30-36 in wide. In a basement rental some open shelves would be fine...just the two , as said. Food is better stored behind a cabinet w doors and the frequent use cups /mugs/plates can go on the Ikea shelves..so you'd have a mixture of storage. but you need a little more storage and you have those spots. Measure the gap between fridge and range. if its 12 in or a bit more you could buy a 12 in cab w drawers, actually, and get a little granite remnant to affix on the top. Get a little nicer/slightly bigger microwave.....counter position like that is fine. There are wall mounted rail systems and half circle pot racks you could install on the pine wall to right of counter without interfering w entry walk area, I think. Measure the inches available and search Ikea and places like Container Store or kitchen accesory websites . You could have a nice rail to hang utensils and the half circle pot rack with the hanging hooks could rest up higher.

• djdrn2
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thankyou, I wish you could put a picture of some of the things you said. Thankyou for your ideas.

• dan1888
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Here's a half circle pot rack. Wall mounted.

From Kitchen Source.

Ikea cab and BERGSHULT shelf.

• djdrn2
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thankyou, that's great. Appreciate it.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler