Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulagigs5000

Help with heating problem (NEST)

Paula Giglio
3 years ago

Hi, I moved into my new house about 3 weeks ago and have had continuous problems with my Nest thermostat. The most common problem is the zone calling for heat even though the temp is turned down, AND in these cases the zone valve LED is off but the zone is OPEN. See pictures.

This has occurred repeatedly on 2 of my 4 zones, and to date, my plumber has made about 6-7 visits and checked wiring, added another transformer, and replaced the zone valve heads. Most recently, we swapped out the NEST for a regular old Honeywell thermostat, and now it all works perfectly! So, the NEST is doing something funny on 2 zones.

Again the recurring problem is as follows: temperature set for 65 but actual temp is 70. It should not be calling for heat, yet heat is coming up through the baseboard. What's happening is that zone valve is open, yet LED is off. Please see pictures. Without NEST, everything is working fine.

From my POV, it seems like my heat is running normally with the NEST, but when it comes time to shut off, it only flips of the LED but doesn't close the valve.

Thank you!

Comments (6)