Software
Houzz Logo Print
cdandersonus

Is this Rose Rosette Disease?

5 years ago

Hi,

This is my first rose plant - it's Violet's Pride. It's pretty new, got it in the fall. It bloomed with a nice lavender bloom a couple of times, then a very pink one (on the other side of the plant.). I'm including a pic of it with a lavender one, when the plant looked pretty good - this was on January 5th. Around the end of Feb. or beginning of March, I noticed a very red shoot off the bottom of the cane where the very pink flower bloomed.


This new growth has been very fast and it seems like it is very thorny compared to the rest of the plant. Some of the leaves on it are turning green, but I am very worried that it may be RRD. There is also some






new growth on some other areas of the plant.


I can't believe I could have such bad luck to have my first rose get rosette disease!


Can anyone give me their opinions on whether that's what this is? Thank you!

Comments (10)