Software
Houzz Logo Print
jdjd99

Advice on height of wall tile for a shower

5 years ago

Hello everyone. I am getting ready to remodel a guest bath and would like some opinions on how high to go with the wall tile for the shower. We have 10 foot ceiling and are replacing the tub/shower combo with a shower only and frameless shower doors. I'm planning on using a large format tile (12"x24"). I generally prefer when wall cabinets and tile, etc. extend to the ceiling, but when we did this in our kids bath a couple years ago, my contractor commented it made the room feel smaller (though I am happy with how it looks). This guest bath is even smaller than that one, though, so it has given me pause. Here are some pictures of the space, possible tile choice, and a photo of the previously remodeled kids' bath for reference. Appreciate any opinions on the matter!






Comments (6)