Software
Houzz Logo Print
asha_sinojia

Help Visualize kitchen cabinet color

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello, I am planning to change/refinish my current kitchen cabinet color from creme/beige to Ash gray/light gray and having difficulty visualize these colors. Is there any app that i can check and change colors of cabinet by uploading my current kitchen cabinet picture. Attached is the current picture of my kitchen cabinet. Try to paint them dark grey or mid gray not too lighter side of gray. Attached is the picture. Any help on visualizing the color with attached picture is much appreciated


. Thanks a lot in advance.

I am planning something like this Gray with pull drawers to brown



Appreciate anyone inputs, thanks alot in advance.

Comments (11)

  • 5 years ago

    Any of the paint manufacturers allows you to download a photo and "paint."

  • 5 years ago

    thanks tedbixby, i did try downloading colorsnap app but that did not help. Is there any other app that you are aware of ?

  • Asha Sinojia thanked tedbixby1981
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    if you paint them gray, will you changing the tile or countertop?

    to be honest, the paint color isn't the issue. It's your tile. I'd change that and add some different hardware (pulls) to the cabinets (also a much cheaper option. getting those professionally painted will be well over 3K)

    I'd also change your wall color. the golden tone just doesn't work w/the other colors in the room. (the pink and the gray) The grays you have are cooler toned, and the walls/flooring are warmer toned. Bringing more gray isn't going to work.

    In fact, if you want things to work now, try painting your walls a gray that is in the lavender or pink family.


    bring in a runner w/similar tones to place in front of the sink.


    maybe some warmer stool colors,,,like these w/a creamy runner. The cold steel and black counter chairs only add to the coolness. bring in something w/wood. and a pattern somewhere.


    Try that first.

    (i'd also remove the display bottles on the tops of the cabs. brings your eyes up to the ceiling. maybe put them on a shelf or in a cab if you want to display them)

    some other grays for the wall



    you could paint those brown/tan floor tiles too. do a dark color, and then a lighter color over top





    Heck, you could even try something like this on those backsplash tiles. paint them a dark charcoal, and then go over them w/the creamy white stencil design. Or, just do the floor tiles and replace the backsplash when you can. All of these colors will work w/the pink tones of the tile.




    Here. do you kitchen like this. copy the window treatment, the pendant light, and stencil your floor tiles. (I'd say do the tile as well, but that's up to you) AND the stenciled floors! would look good w/all the solids in your kitchen.


    photo shopped the window w/you kitchen. tried to bring in some warm wood stools. and I still like the lavender based gray for the walls. also put in some black nickel hardware.


    If you do the dark gray shade and light, try doing a darker contrast color on the walls. cloak Gray would look nice. if you want something lighter, try moonlit orchid or ponder.

    (those red bottles just don't work in here).

    Asha Sinojia thanked Beth H. :
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I agree with Beth, repaint the walls and redo the backsplash. Your cabinets will take so much more time and $$$. The current yellow wall paint is reflecting on the already cream cabinets...prime your walls white and then decide.

    Asha Sinojia thanked lucky998877
  • 5 years ago

    Thank you all for pouring in your ideas and suggestions. I will rework on these suggestions and come back again. Thanks a lot all - Take care and stay safe !!

  • 5 years ago

    I think you will find a big difference if you just group your bottle collection. Having them spaced equally around doesn’t show them off to advantage. Try a group of 5 or 7 with the most variety on the right above the microwave towards the fridge not exactly in the centre. . Then maybe choose a nice soft basket or something on top to the right side of the sink. Leave the rest open or you can put a trailing ivy at the end for contrast green & interest. I think you will find that will please your eye. See if that changes how you see your kitchen.

  • PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Ohh boy! I am not sure I like it! Gray is already out! You have so nice existing color. Work with it!



  • PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    White walls is not helping as well. Work with backsplash and countertop.




  • 5 years ago

    The brown in the inspiration picture is on a very modern kitchen, and is also stained. You would have to use paint. You will not get the same effect. Painted brown would not look good. You do not have modern type cabinets. The white looks good on them. Change out the wall color. I would also change out the backsplash. I agree on grouping the bottles. Too much space between them. Your kitchen could use a bit of color in it too, in accessories. Wall art, etc.