Software
Houzz Logo Print
ll81581

Finally finished my kitchen

5 years ago

Here’s some before and afters of my little kitchen. I’m really happy with it.
Quartzite countertops (blanco superior), marble backsplash (Calcutta gold), coffee bean oak flooring. I didn’t have the budget to move anything, but just about everything else changed: new upper cabinet doors, new cabinet hinges, new hardware, paint cabinets, new backsplash, new countertop, new appliances, new flooring, paint walls and ceiling, paint interior/exterior doors, new door handles/locks, new exterior and interior door hinges, retrofit recessed lighting, new light fixtures, new window treatment, new sink, and added beverage faucet.
One thing I wish I had done differently: getting a counter depth refrigerator. My space allows for a 33” fridge which is kind of hard to find with all the features I wanted. I’m sure most of you know buying anything right now is a nightmare so I settled with what was in stock.
I did about half of the work myself. And before one year ago I had never even used a power tool. A pandemic will certainly push us to our limit.

Comments (24)

  • 5 years ago

    The "before" is pretty cute anyway, and then wow, the "after"! I love the green color of the cabinets.

    Great job!

  • 5 years ago

    So pretty. I bet you smile every time you look at it. Can you post a picture showing more of the countertop? I'd like to do a light countertop but a warm white vs the white whites with grey veining.

  • 5 years ago

    Yes absolutely! Here’s a closeup. And here’s the slab when I picked it. It looked much more gray in the showroom. I was surprised at how light it was in my space.

  • 5 years ago

    Looks much warmer in your space. Very pretty. Thanks.

  • 5 years ago

    I love your cabinet color, and the flooring, counter and backsplash with it. You did very well!

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Love the flooring- makes your new colors look rich. Also like ”topless” stove back so all of BS shows! Small detail but what a difference. Great new lights too. . Very nice job & admire your DIY courage!

  • 5 years ago

    Wowza!! Seriously, you ought to be very proud. I am sure you are enjoying using it. It looks wonderful.


  • 5 years ago

    Gorgeous! Which work did you do yourself?

  • 5 years ago

    Very nicely done.

  • 5 years ago

    Ashley, when I saw your first before photo I thought, oh my what a pretty kitchen! Then I scrolled down and what a wonderful new space you’ve created! you are so very talented. Enjoy your new kitchen!

  • 5 years ago

    What a beautiful, relaxing color...green’s my favorite!

    I love how you pulled it all together. Do you like your faucet? We just installed a pre rinse one as well and man is it heavy duty!

  • 5 years ago

    Wow I love it! Looks so pretty! What color green did you paint your cabs if I may ask?

  • 5 years ago

    Trying to answer all questions:

    • I did all painting, hinges, hardware, and plumbing.

    I didn’t even know it was called a pre rinse faucet! I just liked the look of it. Lol. But I do love it. Wouldn’t change it for anything.

    The color is Sherwin Williams thunderous in satin!

  • 5 years ago

    Great job and love the green cabinets. It looks like you swapped out your upper cabinet doors from the arched ones. We’re they easy to locate?

  • 5 years ago

    I used cabindoorworld.com. Their work is beautiful, and prices are great (they often have sales). But they are sloooooow. Expect 3-4 months, no matter how quickly they tell you it will be.

  • 5 years ago

    I am impressed! Beautiful outcome!!

  • 5 years ago

    Wow, what a terrific-looking kitchen! Your choice of cabinet and countertop pair together beautifully, and the flooring was a perfect choice. Impressive you did so much yourself, too!

  • 5 years ago

    Beautiful transformation!! Enjoy your new space. Everything looks great.

  • 5 years ago

    You are awesome! The colors are perfect. Love the rug. What about recessed lights? How did they change? I know the older ones can be replace to give out more light but not sure of the details. Great job!

  • 5 years ago

    Kindred! ☺️

  • 5 years ago

    Sun feather it’s so simple. You buy retrofit recessed lights on Amazon, Home Depot, wherever, and just screw them into the existing can.

  • 5 years ago

    Thresen beautiful hood!!

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks. It’s from Hoodsly. Search for my review on it, as I am not entirely happy with it. I had it repainted, so it’s fine now.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths