GET IDEAS

Kitchen countertop/backsplash help

Maureen

We're building our home and trying to design the kitchen. The kitchen/LR, dining area is open. The kitchen is on one corner and has about 12 feet of countertop against the two walls and a 9 x 4 island. We're thinking of using leathered fantasy brown for the counters, and the tile pictured below (12 x 36") as a backsplash. The tile would cover the wall between the countertop and cabinets and up to and around the exposed stainless vent hood. Wall Cabinets are pale gray shaker style, and island cabinets are muted green stained hickory. Floors are medium stained white oak.

We love this tile but I'm concerned after reading thru posts here that it may compete with the countertops. The slabs we have on hold have more white in them than typical Fantasy Brown. Nothing is purchased yet, so we can still make any changes.

I'd appreciate any thoughts?