Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
talental

Back order fridge

talental
3 years ago

Hey, we are finishing up the construction of our house and we still have not received our JenAir built in refrigerator.
We ordered the fridge back in September and now it’s the middle of April. Now they are telling us it will not be here till at least June.
Has anyone had the same problem as us?? This is getting ridiculous.

Comments (6)

• mags_and
    3 years ago

Yikes! Nine months for a fridge?! That is my fear. My builder placed our appliance order recently, and we should wrap construction around October. Will the place you ordered from provide something temporarily so you can get your CO at least? I understand some places will do that, but I don't know first-hand.

• talental
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes, the place where we purchased all of our appliances gave us a loaner fridge like something you have in you’re a dorm room in college.
    We were able to get our CO.
    I was just wondering what other people have been going through regarding Jen air and their built-in refrigerators?

• The_Lane_Duo
    3 years ago

Yes, STILL living it. We ordered a Fridge / Freezer Set by Frigidaire in February 2020. We moved into our new home in August 2020. It is now April 2021, well over a year since we ordered, and still no fridge!!!! The company we ordered thru gave us a loner fridge and it is sitting in a large custom built hole waiting for what we ordered to show up. I feel your frustration on a whole 'nother level, that's for sure!

• kudzu9
    3 years ago

It's not just JennAir. The pandemic has played havoc with manufacturing production. I was looking at a replacement freezer --fortunately not an emergency -- and the one I wanted was backordered for 6 months. I was told there were similar problems with other brands. That doesn't mean appliances aren't available...just not all the ones you might want.

• Keepthefaith MIGirl
    3 years ago

We placed our order for a full kitchen plus W/D in August 2020. Most of it was in by Nov. The range hood showed up in January. The wall oven and microwave combo is now rescheduled to end of May but not promised. We chose Kitchen Aid. It's ridiculous!!!! We're moving in without it if needed. In regard to refrigerator delays, a supplier told us that it's a compressor issue. There's only 3 mfg of the compressor that they all use. Because the demand for a new fridge is high, the compressors were going into them instead of freezers, hence the freezer shortage. 🙄

• nhb22
    3 years ago

I guess it depends on what make and model you order.

Our ordered all appliances on 12/3/20. We ordered a Kitchen Aid side by side FF and a 36" gas range. Both have been in for a while sitting at Ferguson. Our Bosch dishwasher is in. Our Sharpe microwave drawer is in.

Keepthefaith MIGirl - I am sorry for your delay. We almost ordered the oven/micro combo, but giving it up gave us more room in the kitchen, and we went with the range instead of a cooktop and oven combo. Kind of glad we did, now.

Did anyone else order through Ferguson. My understanding is that since they are such a large buyer of appliances, that they get first dibs on availability from manufacturers. 🤷‍♀️