Software
Houzz Logo Print
claregirl7

Our Livingroom

13 years ago
The "before" picture was taken when we toured the house prior to purchase. The "after" is how I decorated it. The first thing I did was paint the brick white since the previous owner painted it green!?! My husband and I also took down the old hollow, pine mantle and put a new one up then we tiled the surround ourselves. We also repainted and added crown moulding. What you can't is where I'm standing were two knee walls which we took down to make the livingroom bigger. Our last project is to scrape the popcorn ceiling. We are so not looking forward to that.

Comments (4)

  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Isn't it fun to make a space your own??!! Love the changes you made! I just feel like the couch should float in the room toward that fireplace wall you worked so hard on and open up that great window you have. Maybe just put the chair over by the window. Enjoy and good luck with the ceiling. UGH!!!
  • 13 years ago
    Beautifully done.... I love the white painted tables...
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Looks fresh and airy.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You two are over achievers! Bravo!