Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_717586815

Zellige Tile Backsplash—What Color?

4 years ago

Hello! I am trying to decide between Snow White and natural white for my kitchen backsplash.

I was leaning toward the natural white, but I’m concerned it may be too tan. On the other hand, the Snow White looks a little white next to the creamy Colton countertop and dove white cabinets. Flooring is a light beige tile. We ordered a wood hood and the backsplash will extend to the ceiling around the hood.

See pic below! Thank you in advance for your opinions!! ☺️

Comments (14)

  • 4 years ago

    It is best to wait until everything else is installed. The tile will look different depending on light, etc

    Erin thanked jck910
  • 4 years ago

    Good point! And the lighting in the kitchen is different than the lighting in my front room where I'm looking at these samples. The kitchen is a construction disaster right now--so hard hard to get in there.

  • 4 years ago

    I am picking Snow White 4X4 tiles w doge white cabinets.

    Erin thanked Allison Moraca
  • 4 years ago

    @Erinwhat did you wind up choosing? i just had colton installed and am thinking of using wellfleet coconut tiles which resemble the tiles to the right in your picture. i would love to see a picture of your finished product!

  • 4 years ago

    Hello! We went with the weathered white from Cle and I love it! Here’s a photo of the tile next to the Colton countertop. I do wish the grout was lighter, but that is another discussion!

  • 4 years ago

    That looks beautiful! do you remember what the grout color is? i love it together! i have wood cabinets and am having such a hard time choosing tile. i am leaning towards the 2 by 6 so it does help to see that size. Ive been back and forth with a 3 by 12 tile.

  • 4 years ago

    What is your wall paint color?

  • 4 years ago

    Paint color is Benjamin Moore Fossil. The grout color is alabaster. We used the same grout color for the floor tiles and the backsplash, but it looks several shades lighter on the floor for some reason. It’s a lot of decisions!

  • 4 years ago

    Thanks so much! i appreciate your feedback!

  • 4 years ago

    @Erin, was the tile installed behind your stove? If so, have you had any issues from the stove/oven?


    We are looking to have a Zellige Tile backsplash. However, when looking at the Cle Tile as an option. We came across the below warning in their Zellige tile specifications, about placing the tile behind an oven. We will have a Thermador oven that we've read about a good amount of people having discoloration and scorching of Quartz and Marble from the rear vent. We've also reached out to Cle Tile, Riad, and Zia Tile, which they all seem to not have much information of the below issue. We're trying to find out if this is a Cle Tile specific issue, or something that happens with all Zellige tiles. Information is limited out there, and not looking to regret a backsplash installation.



  • 4 years ago

    We do have the tile behind the stove, and I haven't noticed any issues at all. We love it! Here's a photo from before we installed the hood.


  • 4 years ago

    In my not-so-humble opinion, I do not mix different whites in the same room. If I select a white counter, I usually use the same white for any other white elements to avoid the clash of beige-white or gray-white or pink-white.

  • 4 years ago

    Yes, it's complicated to select whites. If you want warm white cabinets, it's really hard to choose a light quartz countertop that doesn't clash as most of them have a lot of grey in them. I went with a creamy quartz to try and avoid this.


    I didn't want stark white cabinets as this would have clashed with the rest of the traditional decor in my house tudor-style house.