Software
Houzz Logo Print
lnr103

Leathered versus honed white marble quartzite kitchen counter tops

4 years ago

Hi! I'm looking for some tips and advise. We are getting a white marble quartzite counter top. I have always loved the softnest and subtlty of a honed finish - I remember noticing it in a house was I was just 12 years old. Here I am purchasing counters for our kitchen remodel and the idea of a leathered finish came up. I think it looks really lovely plus since we dont have any exposed brick or texture in the room besides some walnut floating shelves and a natural nordic stained oak floor, I thought the nature stone look of a leathered finish could really work nicely. Im just so new to the idea that I'm not completely sold and dont wan tot make an impulsive decision. We are putting the hard marble/quarzite on a large kitchen island and a penisula. We have a younger family (8 and 6yo boys). We cook every meal at home. We are hard on our kitchens but also never minded patina or etching on other's marble counter tops. Dark staining might bother us however. We originally wanted a walnut butcher block top which was significantly less expensive but we were sadly talked out of it by nearly everyone. I've always loved marble and we had super white dolomite in the past that was excellent. All advise welcomed!! Thank you thank you!!!


To any of you who have honed or leathered countertops woould you do it again? Which require more maintanence and do you feel either will go out of style? Or would you say they're classic?

Comments (3)