Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth_zellen

Omega Whimsy Cabinets

B WZ
2 years ago

I'm considering Omega Cabinets in Whimsy, but have had difficulty finding a sample in person (my local dealer has ordered the sample so we'll see how long that takes). The pictures I've seen online vary from a light blue (which is what I am interested in) to a light green.

Has anyone seen this color in person? Or does anyone know what paint manufacturer the color might be from?

https://www.omegacabinetry.com/products/finishes/whimsy/maple

Comments (9)

• elcieg
    2 years ago

Before you settle on Omega Dynasty, you should read all the comments here on houzz. Going back years, you will find many negative experiences with Masterbrand. Buyer beware, from first hand experience.

B WZ thanked elcieg
  • Buehl
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Or not...I have Omega cabinets and love them! Customer Service is outstanding (I know, I had to contact them when my KD's company made a mess of things.)

They're almost 14 years old now and still look like new. Everyone is amazed to learn how old they are b/c they look like new -- and those years have included two growing (and very active) children + 2 or 3 larger dogs.

I plan to use them again when we build in a year or two.

One caveat: I have stained wood cabinets, not painted. I much prefer stained wood. Plus, over the years I've heard a lot of complaints about painted finishes from just about every cabinet manufacturer you can name. Sometimes it's unrealistic expectations on the part of the person complaining, sometimes it's not.

B WZ thanked Buehl
  • Kyle Wittet
    2 years ago

We had Omega painted cabs and the only issue was the finish. One had to be delicate when cleaning them like all painted cabs. The cabs themselves are really nice. As for bad reviews, it seems all manufacturers have them. We moved and are looking at cabs and EVERY one has bad reviews.

B WZ thanked Kyle Wittet
  • B WZ
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks Crystal! That does help, especially seeing it next to Elemental White and Sea Salt.

Also, thanks everyone else on the concerns on painted cabinets / Omega. I've read probably every thread here and on other sites about it, and know about being careful cleaning them.

• mileaday None
    last year

Of course, it is now 2023 but —- I’m interested in Omega bathroom cabinets in Whimsy color. Did you follow through with either/ or / if Omega or Whimsy? Thanks to anyone who can answer.

• Jacki Levine
    last year

I think Whimsy would be pretty -- as would Rain on bathroom cabinets. We were at a kitchen showroom yesterday and they had a bathroom display in Rain and it was lovely.

We are trtying to decide between Maho Bay and Rain for kiotchen island and it's tough!

• decorpatti
    last year

Obviously, this is a bit of an older post, but we have had Omega Dynasty cabinets since 2009, Oyster (an off white) on the perimeters, stained island. We have had no issues with finish on either the painted or the stained cabinets, and they are easy to keep clean. Admittedly, there are just 2 of us most of the time, but we watch our almost 2 y. o. grandson often, and he loves to push toys all around the large island, often bumps into cabinets, etc., and still no damage.

• canzo
    7 months ago

We just got whimsy in a kitchen rehab. I've not found them all that easy to keep clean; to me they seem to pick up finger smudges pretty quickly. If you are going to get the painted Omega cabinets, get a sample from your dealer and keep it around the kitchen and handle it while you are cooking to test it out. As for the Whimsy color in particular, we found that it is a bit more grey in tone once you have a lot of it than it seems in the sample and sales brochure. It seemed a bit warmer with tones of green on the sample. I felt like I was ordering a very pale French blueish color but when the cabinets arrived I ended up with something more grey-blue that doesn't go so well with the sort of warm pastely colors of paint we'd had or with goldish wood. We'd had honey wood wall racks that I intended to keep, but ended up buying and hanging stainless steel racks. As for the walls, they ended up in a somewhat creamy white that is much whiter than we tend to prefer. The kitchen runs into another room that was a pale yellow that my husband really liked. But the yellow had to go once we had the whimsy cabinets. It was a real lesson in how much cabinet color can affect everything around the cabinets.