Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_572549425

Brighton Cabinets - custom frameless??

4 years ago

Hi there, I've got a KD designer who loves Brighton cabinets. For a variety of reasons I'd prefer frameless cabinets in my kitchen. She says that her Brighton rep told her in the past they would do it by request, but she's never tried it. I asked her to call and get more information, as the boxes for frameless are built differently, and I want to know how they would intend to go about it, i.e. hopefully not just building the box as usual and simply not putting on the face frame.


Anyways, just wondering in any one else has ever had this conversation. I like the quality I'm seeing in Brighton, but I'm not liking my choice of finishes. And if I have to custom order frameless, and custom order the finish, then it just seems like I should go with some other brand. I DO like the look of what I see from Shiloh Eclipse, which seem to have reasonable quality. Anyone else ever hear of/see/use Brighton for frameless? And does anyone have another frameless brand they love?


Hoping someone has $.02 to share...

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    You are correct. Too many out-of-the-ordinary requests will not result in a good outcome. Seems to me that door style and finish along with construction would be the first item that would place a cabinet manufacturer on or off a list

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    ????

  • 4 years ago

    I agree that it is a bit ridiculous to go with a cabinet company which doesn't make frameless and doesn't have a finish you like.


    Is this an actual kitchen designer or is this a saleperson at a kitchen store. While there are many talented kitchen designers who work for cabinet sales company aka as "kitchen stores" I would personally be suspicious of a sales person who was pushing a brand.


    When I was doing research for my remodel I visited a lot of kitchen places because I wanted to look at all of the brands that were available and get a sense of what the pricing would be for my kitchen - approximately of course but it would still give me a sense of which ones were in my budget. I honestly was not tied to any of the sales people as I was interested in the cabinets specifically - I would then take home literature and read about the specifics of construction and what styles were available etc.


  • 4 years ago

    Thank you for the replies, let me clarify a few things. Yes, she’s an actual very real designer who has done amazing work and no she’s not being pushy about Brighton in particular. She’s also helping us with drawings for the rest of our very small house. I asked her a question, that was her answer and I just wondered if anyone here ever heard of it. I don’t think getting a custom color is an unusual or difficult request so that alone wouldn’t stop me from using Brighton. I’ve found that most companies don’t have anything colorwise that I really want. But from what Im reading, it seems Brighton makes better cabinets than Eclipse, and I do prefer to choose higher quality if I can afford it. There’s honestly only a few odd places in the kitchen where I really want frameless due to their more narrow size. I don’t have to get my first preference necessarily, as long as the color/door is right. I think, anyways.

  • 4 years ago

    I wound up getting cabinets made by a local cabinet shop recommended by my designer. They are frameless with full overlay and a few inset doors in upper cabinets. I selected the wood (quarter sawn oak); the stain and the doors were designed by my designer with inout from me.

  • 4 years ago

    do you mind sharing the cabinet shop name if you were happy with them?