Software
Houzz Logo Print
lalexanderbluiz

I need help with this bedroom.

4 years ago

I want to move the queen bed and side tables to the other wall with the window. Change out the curtains, bedding and wall decor to reflect a more soft look and a zen feeling. Not sure what to do with the armoire. I can take it out of the room. Also, the long wall needs something big on the wall?

Comments (8)

  • 4 years ago

    Have you thought about putting the bed on the wall without any windows? If you don't need the armoire I would remove it from the room. Finish the room by adding a small chair/side table/lamp in the corner between the windows, artwork, new lamps for the bedside tables, and new textiles. Choose lighter colors and plants/nature in artwork to help "zen" the room... choose several offset pieces of art behind the bedside tables. If you are handy, get some creamy white chalk paint and paint the bedframe and bedside tables.



  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    The traditional furniture is lovely. For a quick change to try your ideas, try removing the curtains, the word art, and then put white bedding on the bed. If you have a white sheet, that'd be fine to get an idea if you like the zen-calm white. Take some new photos.

    Paradise Cove Model · More Info


  • 4 years ago

    I always like the bed to be the focal point when you enter the bedroom so either in its current or your proposed position it will serve as a focal point. Will the armoire fit opposite the bed along the non-window wall? If not, do you need both bedside tables or can the armoire flank one side of the bed (the furthest side from door)? You don't mention anything about the carpet so assuming that is staying, what about playing off the blue (it appears blue on my monitor)? The room is cozy and your furniture is somewhat "country" so I'd pick a soft colour you love (and that works with the blue carpet) and use the same colour on all surfaces (walls, closet doors, trim, & ceiling) changing the paint finish based on the surface - if you're up for painting the furniture the same, go for it! As for window treatments, use longer rods for both windows so when the drapes are open, the full window is visible - a nice set of full length sheers on the windows will also amplify and soften the natural light (this means 2 rods). I'd also use similar tone for window coverings so they become one with wall (vs contrasting) and I'd also carry the tone on tone to the bedding - you can play with different textures to add depth. Same for artwork - if doing multiples, I'd stick with the same colour for the frames (regardless of frame style). A gallery wall of different shaped mirrors would bounce light around the room - search for gallery walls on Houzz - or one large piece that picks up the blue of carpet and your wall colour. Remember, this wall is also your focal point from the bed.


    Have fun and be sure to post your "afters"!

  • 4 years ago

    Well, I finished the bedroom and really love how it transformed.

  • 4 years ago

    Nice, and the round pillow too. I like the creamy paint color - which did you use?

  • 4 years ago

    I was going to say before getting rid of armoire try spray paint. For 6 dollars i changed an ugly piece into a centerpiece of my sons room.

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    It looks lovely and inviting. Good job.