Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrieann_wood

BACKSPLASH HELP ?!

Laney
last year

I posted some pictures earlier but here are a few more that you can see the tile & countertops together. Either white w white or gray grout or the opposite? My countertops are pretty gray so there's contrast & the white subway tile matched up pretty good to the "white "cabinets. Will the gray be too much ? Thank you !!

Comments (10)

• Barrheadlass
    last year

What is your countertop? Love it!

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    last year

The white. It offers more contrast to the countertop (which is beautiful BTW!). You might consider a light grey grout instead of white grout -- IME tends to look lighter once it's mortared in, sometimes white grout is "too white" if that makes sense.

• Laney
    Original Author
    last year

@Barrheadlass Thank you they are " Quartzsite " countertops!

• Laney
    Original Author
    last year

@L P Thank you. I was thinking white too ? Idk I just brought home more samples but they are shorter tiles ? I probably should just stick w the longer ones ?! I don't have much time at all to waste. Thanks for your input I appreciate it

• Laney
    Original Author
    last year

@mxk3 Thank you. what's ( IME) ? I'm not understanding what you mean ?

• L P
    last year

@Laney, I typed out a message last night but don’t see it here so I’ll try again!

The long tiles you showed are so pretty! If you can get samples of both sizes you can stack them up on the backsplash and see which one you prefer. For the grout, I do like the suggestion by mxk3 to try a soft gray, as well as the white to see if you like the differences in contrast. When we were choosing grout, the tile shop gave us their sample box of grout sticks to bring home and test with our tile. It really helps to see everything in your space. Hope that helps!

• Laney
    Original Author
    last year

@ L P Thank you for all of your advice its really helpful! I never thought about trying out the grout idea? I'll have to look for a tile shop around here. Also Thank you for your input im so stuck on all of this but getting some clarity now so I really appreciate your advice! I wasn't sure if the white would be too much bc I have white countertops? I like both ideas with grout gray vs white?  I will have to see I guess ? I actually just brought home more subway tiles I think if I try it would confuse me more ! Thanks again I really appreciate it

• Beatriz Sánchez
    last year

In my opinion theb white is far away the best, with warm white grout, this way your countertop look better..

• Laney
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you to everyone & I changed my mind last minute n went with something completely different but im actually pleasantly happy with the outcome. I posted it to a backsplash thread. Ty so much again!