Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_4872627033

Bosch Mini Split Installers in Oakland CA

R B
last year

Do you exist? Is anyone out there? :)
My 5 zone system needs refrigerant and to be pressurized. Seems like anyone only services Fujitsu or Mitsubishi, and many won’t touch a system they didn’t install themselves. Good times in awesome town.

Comments (16)

• Elmer J Fudd
    last year
    last modified: last year

Did you look on the Bosch web page or call them for contractors in your area?

• R B
    Original Author
    last year

Yep, their dealer locator shows zero contractors in the Bay (actually there’s 1 but it’s incorrect as the biz is in Oakland ME.

• Elmer J Fudd
    last year

I like a challenge

There's one in Lafayette (RJD Mechanical), that could be as close as 10 minutes away, depending on where you are and where this company is.

Also Western Cooling in Pleasanton, not that far away.

Also one in San Jose, though perhaps unlikely to want to drive to Oakland.

Call their support number if you want help.

• R B
    Original Author
    last year

I did chat with a guy in SJ but yes he wasn’t interested in making the trip. Oh wow I’m very surprised by your search results - and thankful! I’ll call them tomorrow. Hopefully they can assist! Big thanks.

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    last year

You might have to import an installer.

Houzzers will recognize @Austin Air Companie as a promoter of all HVAC things with a Bosch moniker. He's also a huge fan of California and all things Californian. If you can get him to make the trip to CA from TX, it will be worth it. He's also an accomplished narrator and cartoonist, so keep him away from Hollywood until after he installs your Bosch system.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    last year

I'm sure there's plenty of fine dining and fine accommodations Charles... probably more your cup of tea than mine.

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    last year

Ray,

Don't turn down a great opportunity until you've given it fair consideration. New doors may open that lead to greatness.

• R B
    Original Author
    last year

…and who dare put a price on a path to greatness? ;)

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    last year

I'm not licensed to do HVAC work in California.

Has little if anything to do about being great.

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    last year

"Has little if anything to do about being great."

Au contraire. The ability to overcome obstacles is one measure of greatness.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    last year

At 29 years of doing HVAC for a living... let's not think of the obstacles I've over come?

If you're at the top of the mountain, you stop climbing and enjoy the view.

At this point there are no obstacles, just differences of opinion.

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    last year

Greatness, Ray, is about not taking too much time to enjoy the view at the top of the mountain. Enjoy the view, but don't dally. Look for the next mountain to climb. Greatness. It's something to aspire to. Maybe you could become the Texas Ted Cook.

• Elmer J Fudd
    last year

If you think you've reached the top of the mountain, it's more likely just a small hill. You need to aim higher

The best goals are the ones that can be seen and understood but rarely attained, to provide motivation to always try to do better. When you stop trying, you're sliding down the hill, whether you realize it or not.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    last year

Thanks Charles, I'm content with being me.

Greatness is getting away from you too Charles. Maybe you should try to be more like Perry Homes, DR Horton, or KB Homes.

Stop dallying in HVAC discussions and worrying about others lack of greatness, concentrate on what you do.

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    last year

You had your chance at Hollywood, Ray. You could have been a contender....

• R B
    Original Author
    last year

If only philosophical rhetoric and platitudes could install my damn Bosch mini split system. Alas houzzers, I’m no closer to a temperate home than I am to appreciating the relevance of valleys and peaks to the assuredly artful pursuit of systematic hvac installations. I’m going to do it myself - after all I must get my own house in order before coveting my neighbor’s wife…or something like that 😂