Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_483340938

Countertop Paperwork?

3 years ago

I purchased LG quartz countertops for my kitchen remodel. I didn’t get any paperwork authenticating or anything. Is this not a thing? What happens if I need to make a warranty claim? I do have the receipt but what if they go out of business or something. Please let me know I don’t really trust the stone people sad to say that we ended up with. Thanks so much!

Comments (6)

  • 3 years ago

    when was this?

  • 3 years ago

    @herbflavor like a week ago installed.

    @verbo yea I don’t have a lot of experience with this stuff and didn’t know what to look for we went through the kitchen design people. The back does appear to be stamped so that’s good! My install is fine (from what I can see) I just expected some sort of paperwork or something but I guess it’s just the stamp. That’s sad to hear about the warranty service it’s so expensive! I doubt anything will happen this whole kitchen renovation has just been stressful and I am just paranoid I guess.

    @creativecabinets no I don’t everything is fine I just expected some sort of paperwork like what you get with an appliance but I guess that’s not a thing

  • 3 years ago

    Presumably the invoice or receipt states that it is "LG Quartz" and in the event that you actually are attempting to get redress from the manufacturer, that would be evidence that you purchased the specific stone.


    If you are looking for the kind of paperwork that comes with an appliance where you register it and have a separate card, that isn't happening since those kinds of paper work only would be in something that is created at a factory and typically the warranty comes in the plastic bag with the instructions. And typically you don't have to register anyway since if for some reason you were using the warranty, the sales receipt from the store would suffice to show date of purchase.


    In terms of how helpful a warranty for a counter is, the issue is that generally their warranty excludes labor for fabrication and installation. So even if there is an issue, all that will happen is that you will get a replacement stone but much of the cost of a counter is the fabrication and labor. The installer might throw in labor - or a discount - but that would not be required unless the defect related to the actual fabrication or installation.

  • 3 years ago

    "but that would not be required unless the defect related to the actual fabrication or installation."


    In which case the top itself would not be warrantied.

  • 3 years ago

    @millworkman True - but I was responding to the manufacturer's specific warranty as that was the specific issue raised by OP.


    If the installer botched up installation they would be responsible for both the stone and the installation/fabrication costs because they couldn't make a legal claim that homeowner should be responsible for costs of a replacement stone when they were responsible.


    Limited warranties which exclude consequential damages - i.e. the warranty is limited to replacement of the actual part - and not labor or shipping or damages - is fairly standard for items that require significant labor to replace.

  • 3 years ago

    Thank you everyone! I actually reached out to LG and they sent me a link to register but also said the dated receipt would be enough if I needed to make a claim. Hopefully I never need it thoughts