Software
Houzz Logo Print
schwietergirl

Looking for advice on my den!

3 years ago

My husband and I just bought a golf condo in Florida. I'm working on furnishing the den first. I was hoping to get some input on the items I have chosen so far. I love the chairs but I'm not so sure they go with the vibe. What are your thoughts? I'm going to add color with pillows. Thanks in advance!




Comments (11)

  • 3 years ago

    Also I would avoid having desk in front of window... like displayed... I had it in my den and it was really hard on eyesbexause they have to adjust yo two different lights constantly

  • 3 years ago

    Ahhh!! I totally see that now!!! Thank you so much for the words of wisdom!! I am now on the hunt for a different sofa!

  • PRO
    3 years ago


    How do you plan to use the den? Is it an office? Will you watch TV?

    Why did you purchase the two chairs?

    If you require a bookcase for storage or display select a real one. Not that leaning type.



    Why select an arched mirror for the room? It may not work with your other selections.

    I would select a more streamline sofa to complement the two chairs





    schwietergirl thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • 3 years ago

    Thanks for the information and ideas! Love the sofas!! The room is strictly for looks. It's open to the rest of the space so I'm just trying to make it pretty. I used this photo as my inspiration and thats why I chose the arched mirror and bought two chairs. What do you suggest instead of the arched mirror?


  • PRO
    3 years ago


    schwietergirl thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • 3 years ago

    Love these!! Thank you so much for your time!


  • PRO
    3 years ago

    IMO the sofa is fine it is the chairs that are not right and look terrible for actual comfort . The rest looks like it was chosen for a hotel room. I need to see a to scale floor plan and you need to think of how you will use the space .IMO a den is a perfect spot for a TV since I hate TV in my LR but we have no idea of how you live , what style you like and I always try to not put a space together all at once and art IMO is chosen becuase you love it not because it "goes " with the room that is what usually makes spaces feel like hotel rooms.

    schwietergirl thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • 3 years ago

    I agree with a lot of the above info.
    Personally, the chairs don’t do it for me. They’re nice but I don’t feel like they belong with the rest of your vibe…

    The sofa is very workable.
    I do think the other suggestions work even better. But the original is very nice too.

    schwietergirl thanked HU-187528210
  • 3 years ago

    Since you really like the chairs, if you decide they're not going to work in that room maybe there is another room where they could go? I would look for some chairs with a pattern to add interest. Or if you're going to have an area rug that is a good place for some pattern. If you are going to have a rug I advise you to pick it first or in conjunction with the sofa so the color of the sofa goes with the rug. Usually sofas come in several neutral colors so you should be able to get a good complement.

    schwietergirl thanked kandrewspa
  • 3 years ago

    The items you chose look beautiful. The only item I think doesn't fit with the rest is the thin side tables. They look very small compared to the sofa, the wide chairs and it doesn't seem like they would hold much. I like that they are round though as it adds some curves to the set-up but I think something thicker would look much more cohesive.

    schwietergirl thanked Silver Fox 88