Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_555772664

backsplash help needed- round 2

3 years ago

Thankyou to everyone that replied to my first post- did not realize this forum was here- made such a difference with a hard decision. Again, trying to calm down my Tuscan house that we build in 2004. Just returned & in love with Italy- France & European flare- I did not want my decor here to look like I robbed the trending store of everything they had BUT after adding this & that I
ended up with so many jewel tones & iron (along with open design) my house was a visual overload. My husband will not lose traditional cherry cabinets ( not country kitchen- they were built by a craftsman & nice) finally painted & got rid of bury brown granite. Was seeking backsplash - light with texture- luminosity with new Snow Mountain quartz that took 6 months (popular demand) as Covid ended- has very thin veining of gray & gold here & there- not busy at all.
Here are some choices of tile- please comment.
The dark one is not a contender- just so gorgeous I’d like to build a room around it- wish I had a dedicated small bar area- the person in my tile place & I just could not staring- the lighting was shiny in at the time - pure jewelry

Comments (10)

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    It is really hard to judge these from your pictures. Personally, they seem too bright, more like bathroom tiles. I like the colors of the hex tiles, but I think the shape is wrong given your cabinet style. I would look a plain subway tiles.

    This company makes hand made tiles in upstate NY and they are gorgeous in a wide range of colors.







  • 3 years ago

    number 6 of the row looks good . just a bit of shine [ is it glass?] / pattern but with neutral tones . I think it'll look good and dress things up a bit .....which can be nice.

  • PRO
    3 years ago

    Realistically, most of you current selections don't work well to the existing cabinets. There's a big disconnect; I would look for more traditional looking tiles, they can still be light but will be a better options with the existing space.

  • 3 years ago

    Beautiful cabinets. I'm with your husband on that. I think all of your choices have too much going on for this space. I'd look for something more simple. Maybe white glass subway tiles?

  • 3 years ago

    In pics from your previous posts, the staggered heights of the cabinet tops is visually complex. I think it’s best to keep the backsplash simple. And to remove all items from above the cabinets.

  • 3 years ago

    Another vote for keeping it simple. With your cherry cabs, I would do a lighter subway tile in a lighter tone of the countertop veining. If you are set on a color, consider the colors in the visible adjoining spaces.

  • 3 years ago

    My vote is for #3

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    it depends....it looks a pretty large wall you are dealing with and being the visuals are straight onto the wall and you work along that area, I think the correct patterned backsplash is the way to go. I truthfully cant see a plain solid ceramic tile there with all the other tiles avail...... I guess you know what was there before and what you like to look at ..... as you have quite a few options . Probably photoshop a few when you get closer to final picks. Its hard to tell from one tile propped up. Detail in some way will absolutely complement the cabinets.

  • 3 years ago

    None of those choices, they all seem too modern and like they belong in a bathroom.

  • 3 years ago

    I like #6-would be pretty with the paint color and the light countertop.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH