Software
Houzz Logo Print
arpeet_patel

Backsplash thoughts - multi tile and multi layout patterns

3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all - I'm struggling on a backsplash design for my kitchen. I have an L-shaped design and I am thinking about trying to highlight two specific areas with a different backsplash tile/pattern - namely my stove and my bar/beverage area. I don't have a 'break' in the cabinets that I can really use to separate so was hoping I can get opinions on if this would work and what others may have done or think. A few details about my kitchen:

  1. We will have shaker style full overlay doors/drawers. Perimeter (L-shape) will be SW-Dove White and Island (approx 93x55) will be SW-Iron Ore. Floors are dark walnut.
  2. Our countertops will be Super White leathered dolomite (pic attached)
  3. Our ceilings are 10 feet and our cabinets will go all the way to the ceiling
  4. I am thinking of using 4x12 tile - some sort of crystal white for majority and a black that matches to an extent with the Iron Ore island cabinets for the accents above stove and bar.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures I drew up of my kitchen layout as well as a tile layout (I haven't included the island but it's positioned within the L shape)

My inspiration for the bar area (although I can't do that exactly as I don't have tall cabinets is attached as well)

I would appreciate any of your thoughts/design ideas for the backsplash and even color ideas if drastically different than what I was thinking

Thank you!










Comment (1)