Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Notifications Delay

bbstx
last year

Is anyone else getting notifications from Houzz in huge batches that are also quite stale? I seem to get 20 or so at a time and most of them are a day or so old. I delete them and in a couple of hours, I get them again. It’s not a big deal. Just an irritation especially if I’m trying to keep up with a conversation.

Comments (24)

• Allison0704
    last year

Yes. Drives me crazy.

bbstx thanked Allison0704
  • ilikefriday
    last year

I get them a day or two late. Also, often when I post, the thread will not show my comment via my emoji or advance to the top. I posted on a tread yesterday, that happened to be one I started. If you look through the main page it does not show me as the last person to comment but does show my comment if you open the thread.

bbstx thanked ilikefriday
  • bbstx
    Original Author
    last year

Does anyone remember the screen name of the Houzz IT person who sometimes comments here? It’s Emily something, IIRC. Maybe we should tag her.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Yes, I turned them off.

I also have this odd thing where Houzz on my iphone is always missing the last few most recent posts, but if I go to my Macbook I find the missing posts.

bbstx thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Allison0704
    last year

The only notifications I (am suppose to receive/referring to are the ones you see when you click on the bell icon. I normallly only look at Houzz on my laptop.

bbstx thanked Allison0704
  • OutsidePlaying
    last year
    last modified: last year

Yes! I had 2 notifications yesterday for private messages I had received and read several months ago! How annoying.

bbstx thanked OutsidePlaying
  • salonva
    last year

I don't know about the notifications for comments being delayed but I keep showing a new message and yes it's one from several months ago and one from a few years ago. I feel somewhat better knowing it's not just me.

bbstx thanked salonva
  • Ded tired
    last year

I registered here under an email address that i rarely check, so by the time i see notifications, they are very old.

bbstx thanked Ded tired
  • Ded tired
    last year

Well, thanks to this thread, i checked my notifications and there was a new message!

bbstx thanked Ded tired
  • DLM2000-GW
    last year

I don't even bother with emailed notifications as they go straight to junk but I do look at the little bell here. Most of the time now it shows nothing but if I hover on it there are new posts on threads. Why they can't get their own system to be current and accurate is beyond me. I did just spend about 40 minutes going one at a time (there is not batch option) deleting old direct messages going back to 2015. Hopefully that will stop the inaccurate notifications.

bbstx thanked DLM2000-GW
  • Arapaho-Rd
    last year

Right now it's showing me "you have 6 new messages!" No I don't - they're years old.

bbstx thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    last year

I've never turned them on. I know which forums I post to, and just check those manually instead. I don't find the pages fill up as quickly as they did when it was GW, and don't really have trouble finding a recent thread. 'Search', and looking for something older is another story ;)

bbstx thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • bbstx
    Original Author
    last year

Ah, yes, the notifications of private messages…only they were sent and seen months ago!!

• Ally De
    last year

My notifications have never worked correctly, since they bought out GW anyway. I've turned off all of the email ones so I never get those. However I do like to use the ones which show up on the little bell in the upper right hand corner, and those are indeed being more glitchy than usual. I clear them all out, and then ones I've already cleared out resurface as new ones later. It's weird. there is no new activity either.

It's not unusual for them to not work at all. However I've never had them light up for notifications I've already seen...

bbstx thanked Ally De
  • SEA SEA
    last year

Yes. Same. It's frustrating. I even thought to post about it here as I keep getting a notice box on the screen forcing me to make a choice, rather in my face about an unread message (that is read). This notice also overrides checking the post notifications and will slip the screen back to the durn unread messages that have been read. As for notifications on posts...that is a toss up as to whether I will actually get a notification or not. Sometimes not, other times not until it's really old news and no one is thinking about it anymore. Including me. The bonkers way things happen here is why I don't install the app on my phone. I only check in here on my laptop. I wouldn't want my phone freaking out over H*uzz.

bbstx thanked SEA SEA
  • maire_cate
    last year
    last modified: last year

I'm happy to learn that I wasn't the only one with the new message notification. For about 4 or 5 days last week I had that notification. And every time I checked it there weren't any new messages. I was beginning to worry that someone had messaged me and thought that I was ignoring them.

bbstx thanked maire_cate
  • SEA SEA
    last year

Well, now I have additional new message notifications. When I go check, there are no new messages. Not sure if H is trying to fix the glitch and now multiplied it or what. If anyone sent me new msgs, they are invisable to me, sorry!

bbstx thanked SEA SEA
  • bbstx
    Original Author
    last year

When I woke up this morning, I had 139 notifications from Houzz!! I had cleaned out my inbox before I went to bed last night, so I know none of them had just been lanquishing.

• Bunny
    last year

I just got a notification from 6 days ago.

bbstx thanked Bunny
  • Ally De
    last year

It is happening to me too. Normally I use the notifications to alert me to new activity, but not so useful right now.

bbstx thanked Ally De
  • bbstx
    Original Author
    last year

When I say ”notifications,” I’m talking about e-mails telling me that someone has posted on a thread I’m following. It’s choking my inbox!

• Ally De
    last year

I turned those off for the same reason. I just use the little bell at the top, which is also being glitchy.

bbstx thanked Ally De
  • Kswl
    last year

The site is barely functional and has been in this state for some time.

bbstx thanked Kswl