Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_reynolds1676995

LVP flooring color

Cindy Holcomb
last year

I am replacing the flooring in my bedroom and for the life of me I cant decide what color to use. It is driving me crazy so I would love your opinions. My walls are sort of a neutral taupe and my furniture is dark. Pictures are attached. Appreciate any help!

Comments (16)

• kandrewspa
    last year

If you have wood in the hallway you should be continuing that into the bedroom. LVP looks extra fake next to real wood. If you were planning on getting an area rug that will provide the break between the dark wood floor and the furniture.

Cindy Holcomb thanked kandrewspa
  • Cindy Holcomb
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

I would love to do wood but I need something waterproof because of a senior dog that has accidents. That’s why I am removing the carpet, it’s been ruined 😢

• Susie .
    last year

As long as the mess is cleaned up relatively quickly, it probably would not damage real wood. I wouldn't make a big decision on a fixed element such as flooring when the situation is temporary (sorry to say your senior dog won't be around forever). I have two elderly dogs that have accidents frequently. My hardwood floors do not have any damage to them, even when we don't find it for several hours. Carpets are a different story. I also would not select flooring in a gray tone with your more traditional looking wood tones.

Cindy Holcomb thanked Susie .
  • Cindy Holcomb
    Original Author
    last year

Great advice! Thank you

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    last year

This WPC Zion floor picks the colors from your furniture. It might be a little busy. Hope these bedroom pictures are helpful.

Zion · More Info

Cindy Holcomb thanked Unique Wood Floors
  • Cindy Holcomb
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you !

• btydrvn
    last year

A complete color change might work…rather than a close but obvious difference

• jane__ny
    last year

Wood floors handle messes better than LVP or engineered wood. I had solid wood for 45 yrs with numerous dogs and cats. Raising kids and lots of traffic on those floors. When we sold the house, the floors were still beautiful.

Moved to Florida which has engineered wood and some has already warped. I would only put real, solid wood floors.

Jane

Cindy Holcomb thanked jane__ny
  • Paul F.
    last year
    last modified: last year

I think Lions flooring is exceptionally realistic. This is called Shangri La.

Cindy Holcomb thanked Paul F.
  • H202
    last year

COntinue the same real wood. Your senior dog will probably only be with you for another year or so. Don't plan a floor that could last 100+ years around that.

Cindy Holcomb thanked H202
  • btydrvn
    last year

45 years ago wood floors were a whole other thing…wood quality much denser.. harder…but even then they were lots of hard labor maintenance … engineered floors .. with a thin layer of wood 🤷🏻‍♀️are not built to last …LVP will handle floods… hot coffee… sun exposure…… heavy traffic ..with easy wipe cleanup of any substance you may spill on it…without any damage…for …ever…

Cindy Holcomb thanked btydrvn
  • Cindy Holcomb
    Original Author
    last year

Any ideas on what color? I can’t even decide on light, dark, midtone, etc. I have always had problems choosing colors… drives my poor husband crazy

• btydrvn
    last year

Choose a color that won’t show soil,dust,etc…that has some color variation …stay in the light to medium range ..and avoid a too shiny finish…darker floors may also make the room feel smaller…I keep a clean house but don’t want to be a “slave” to every speck on my floors…once your floors are installed …just get a good..big..dust mop…with a removable …washable mop cover…add a spray cleaner for spots..like (Folex..instant carpet spot remover)…a truly miraculous cleaner for literally everything …worth searching for..if necessary

Cindy Holcomb thanked btydrvn
  • chispa
    last year

I would continue the same flooring, in the same color, as whatever is in your hallway and hopefully the rest of the house. You can't go wrong following that option.

I have 3 dogs and had site finished wood floors in my previous house and now have engineered wood floors. No issues with dog accidents and vomit as long as they are cleaned up in a timely manner.

Cindy Holcomb thanked chispa
  • YungKyung L
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago