Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_920791772

Can this be salvaged?

Jenna Leigh
10 months ago

We hired a contractor to do a gut reno of our guest bathroom. Did our research on them, even visiting previous projects of theirs in our neighborhood, all checked out. Long story short, they’ve been working on this bathroom for 3+ weeks now. They’re 90% done and asked that we mark anything we notice that needs to be fixed/touched up/etc while we wait for the custom counter top. As we start inspecting, we realize this bathroom is in shambles. I’ve had some doubts throughout the process but I’m not the expert here so I tried to give the benefit of the doubt and wait for the finished product.

I called the owner of the company over to express my concerns. He was shocked and embarrassed, says they’re going to fix it and make it right.

My ask: how does this get fixed? We’ve had some people tell us they need to start from scratch, we’ve had others say it can probably be patched here and there. My main concern in the sheetrock. I don’t want to see blemishes and seams everywhere. I want to be prepared for when my contractor comes back with a solution.

Thanks for your advice!

Comments (13)