Software
Houzz Logo Print
slindsey3000

Layout for 11 x 7.5 Bathroom?

13 years ago
Any ideas for a layout for this bathroom? House is gutted to the studs so I can do anything! Looking for...

Double vanity
Tiled shower
Jetted tub
Toilet
Storage

The door can either be on wall "C" or "E".

I would like tub and shower to be separate but am open to better designs!

Would love to hear some ideas!

Shawn

Comments (22)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi Shawn,

    It's great you have a clean slate to work with! The first piece of advice I always like to give when designing a completely new layout for a bathroom remodeling project, is think about the space that’s needed to make the bathroom comfortable.

    With that said, there are several ways you could plan this out. Do you have any experience using CAD or Sketch-Up? I've attached some renderings of mine showing the different views you can have made to show you multiple layout options for your bathroom.
  • 13 years ago
    @frank Do you have any sites that I could sketch out the bathroom?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I don't know of any websites per se where you can do this, but I have always used AutoCAD and SketchUp which both are computer programs which can take years to perfect.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    What size tub? Do you really need/use one? Toilet in closet or out in room okay?
  • 13 years ago
    I am open to any size tub. Jetted tub would be ideal. Toilet in closet or in room is fine... I am just looking for a great layout!
  • 13 years ago
    i would do the tub and shower both along the window wall, with the door on wall E.
    the vanity would be next to the tub along wall B, and the toilet could be either on wall C or D.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    What about an all-tiled bathroom?
    slindsey3000 thanked Frank Manipole
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I can draw it. You could draw it, too. It is not true that it takes years to master Sketchup.
    This bath look familiar; I've designed one with the same shape very recently (below).
    Yours is to the left of it.
    Getting from that 2D to a complete sketch doesn't take long.
    slindsey3000 thanked sstarr93
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Rather than keep doing this SLindsey, why not try it out yourself? http://www.sketchup.com/download
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I was more referring to AutoCAD than SketchUp in regards to length of time to master
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You use CA
  • 13 years ago
    @sstar93 looks good! I feel like I have enough room for both a jetted tub and separate shower? I was thinking maybe the door on wall E would allow for the best use of space?? idk... looking for the "ideal" layout!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Well since we've done this design before, and you're still thinking.... what defines ideal for you?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    That is, what impresses you most about a really great room? What qualities?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    With bathrooms, often it's a particular bathtub or shower. I spent months looking into getting a real Japanese Ofuro made from Hinoki wood. With the idea of having a truly Zen bath experience in a deep wooden soaking tub.
    Other people want walk-in showers, or as in your case, a jetted tub.
    Whatever it is, pop it into your design and build around it. A little hard to do with your bathroom, which isn't very large. However, it's possible.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Tub and shower on wall B? Vanity(s) and toilet closet on wall D? Door on wall E. Will it all fit?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Perhaps. Have you downloaded Sketchup yet? Or do you want me to shift it around on the (last) design?
    slindsey3000 thanked sstarr93
  • 13 years ago
    I am not home but would love to see sstarr93!!!
  • 13 years ago
    @sstar. Nice. This is going to be it! Does the shower glass come in "standard" sizes?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It's possible, depending on who you buy from . Glass for frameless showers is thick; there have been discussions here about just how thick it needs to be.
    I'm sure you can find vendors here on Houzz.
  • 13 years ago
    I love a bathroom with a window. As it is close to the floor, no fixtures can be placed under it. How about door at E, double sink vanity along D, toilet in the corner of D &A, Then tub in corner of A&B and stall shower at corner
    of B&C. There is only 33" between the window and Corner A&B so a tub will fit there. Showers are deeper, usually 36" at least so it should go in the corner of B&C. If toilet is in corner of D&A, it won't be the first thing visible when the door is opened if the door is hinged near wall D. You wouldn't need to break up the space
    with the partition betwen the vanity and toilet as it will make the room seem smaller.
    slindsey3000 thanked nancy22032