Software
Houzz Logo Print
outernationalist

Do these tiles go together?

2 years ago

I'm really stressing if these look cohesive together or not and really want a second pair of eyes from the hive mind!


I'd like to use Bedrosians Sahara in white on the floor. It's a creamy matte white tile but seems to lean greige in the light of our bathroom.


On the walls, I was thinking Bedrosians Cloe in Creme. These are glossy tiles and seem to look more warm than the floor tiles.


Do these look good together, or does the floor tile make the wall tile look yellow?!



In artificial light



In natural light – I think they look nice together in this light



In the orientation they would be in, in the bathroom. The wall tiles look most yellowed here!


I'm really scared the Creme will end up looking dingy and dirty next to the Sahara. What do you think?

Comments (14)

  • 2 years ago

    No, they don’t go together.

    Nicole Futino thanked ptreckel
  • PRO
    2 years ago

    No, no and no. Not in any light.

    Nicole Futino thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • 2 years ago

    Agreed that they do not go together. You need tiles with undertones that are in agreement. The wall tile here is too yellow to be complimentary to the floor which, on my screen, almost has a pink undertone in the last photo.

    Nicole Futino thanked AMB
  • 2 years ago

    Phew. Thanks everyone for confirming what nagged me in my gut! You've saved me thousands of dollars, lol.

  • 2 years ago

    Thanks @AMB for your rationale, that makes so much sense! I definitely don't want the room to feel yellow at all, so I'll go back to the drawing board on looking for a slightly variated color wall tile with cooler or pinky undertones.

  • 2 years ago

    There is a misconception that if a color is considered neutral, it should work with everything. Unfortunately, some neutrals don't play nice together and a surprising amount of people plow ahead with clashing neutrals and wonder why their finished room looks off. Kudos to you for trusting your gut!

  • 2 years ago

    Yeah so true! We're spending so much renovating I want to make sure it's going to be something we love. I've spent months planning and ordering samples, but it's so worth it to feel totally confident in the choices we've made once everything is ordered.

  • 2 years ago

    Why not make things easy and choose a tile that comes already coordinted.

    bedrosian has quite a few new tiles.

  • PRO
    2 years ago

    What is the plan for the tiles . I do not like them together but I aslo do not like small tiles in bathrooms so I need context . Are you replacing the floor tile? I like 12 x24 porcelain tile for both bathroom floors and shower walls it keeps grout to a min without having to pay for a tile setter who undertsands how to install larger tile . Use one color for both the same tile only smaller for the shower floor . That keeps the space nice and neutral to allow changes in accessories or wall color .

  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    @eld6161I want a large format tile for the marjority of the walls and some visual interest with an accent wall, so I was looking for something with some slight variation to match the large format tile, something like this but with the floors and majority of walls large format so they're easy to clean:



    @Patricia Colwell Consulting: I didn't want to do large format tile all over the bathroom because that looks boring to me. My plan is to have an accent wall of some variated, stacked tile. Here is a crude mock I made in Photoshop:




    I want the bathroom to have some visual interest but I also want it to be easy to clean. So I'm trying to do primarily large tiles for an open feeling but have an accent wall so I don't have to scrub much grout, haha.

    I'll be using the same 12" x 24" tile on the floor, 2 of the shower walls, and the shower floor.



  • 2 years ago

    I have never seen 12x24 tiles on a shower floor.

  • 2 years ago

    My bathrooms have the same tile for floor and tub surround. Strangely, they look different but coordinating. Probably because the light hits them differently.

    My suggestion is to keep it simple without an accent wall, and add interest with wall art and towels.

  • 2 years ago

    @eld6161It can be done! You just need to cut the tiles a certain way. Here's an example:


    @partim I'd like to stick with the wall because I like texture.