Software
Houzz Logo Print
jillcdaniels

Backsplash

13 years ago
Ok. So here is a pic of my flooring, cabinet color counter choice and possible backsplash. Is the backsplash too dark? The grout on the sample is sand dune. Looks a little dark to me. Tile to the right is the same without grout.

Comments (46)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Very nice combos. Simple, clean, neutral, yet the glass backsplash gives it a little oomph.

    What color for your walls?
  • 13 years ago
    Walls are a neutral light coffee color. There isn't much wall in the kitchen, but its open to family room with same color wall.
  • 13 years ago
    I'm just worried that once its in a big spot on the wall and up to the ceiling behind the hood it will be too dark. No?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    No, it is the only really eye-popper in the kitchen. I think it will be beautiful.

    Here is something interesting. This kitchen is Swiss Coffee, but the ceiling is painted Bleeker beige. This might be just the thing you need to pull it all together. I can’t tell exactly what your floor color is, but imagine it up on the ceiling.
    Lincoln Square Family Kitchen · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Floor tiles are brownish. Thing is,
    Ceiling is connected all thru family room. With the color on the walls, not sure a beige ceiling would look right.
  • 13 years ago
    I like it :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Oh, well good thought, anyway.

    Sam and I like it. What more do you need? : > ).
  • 13 years ago
    Yes, I think it works.
  • 13 years ago
    Nothing really. I have lights, need to choose hardware. I'm thinking top knobs Pennington I think.
  • 13 years ago
    Should I wait until counter is in to order tile? Or order now? What do people usually do?
  • 13 years ago
    not at all too dark!
    those choices are lovely, really. :D
  • 13 years ago
    Kitchen starts today. Is it too soon to order backsplash? Also, which color for outlets and switches?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I vote for third from right. I would order. My friend got a three week back order notice…fast forward 6 weeks and the tile is still on back order.

    Make sure you post pix…looking forward to seeing results.
  • 13 years ago
    Can you please show a picture of the 4 outlet colors on top of the counter sample also? With the backsplash, I also like 2nd from left, but would like to see them on counter too since it'll be nearby :)
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I think the second from left is the best choice as the lighter colors tend to pop out against the backsplash.
  • 13 years ago
    With counter
  • 13 years ago
    Before pics
  • 13 years ago
    Before
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Hi Jill, Also consider for switches, outlets to smooth out the look is to put a 'power' bar outlet running underneath the bottom of the top cabinets. It give the backsplash a lovely smooth appearance without obstruction to the backsplash, or cutting into the stone tiles. Your electrician should know about this! Lovely choices, so far! I can't wait to see the result! Thankyou!.

    The power bar is a solid, it is a one hard metal piece, it is concealed underneath the cabinet, and it has no wires!
  • 13 years ago
    But then there will be dangling wires. I thought about that.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Correct it will have no wires, and the power bar is one solid metal piece with outlets on it!..mounted underneath, the top cabinet!
  • 13 years ago
    Right. But whatever is left plugged in will have dangling wires coming down.
  • 13 years ago
    Yes, I still like the same outlet choice.
  • 13 years ago
    It looks monochromatic. Is that what you are going for?
  • 13 years ago
    I wanted neutral. The backsplash,
    I think, adds just a touch of color.
  • 13 years ago
    I'm basically keeping a white kitchen, it just won't be crappy plastic with drop ceilings. :)
  • 13 years ago
    The darkest one, right? This tile smple looks lighter because it has no grout. Also, need to figure grout color. The grout in the original sample was too dark.
  • 13 years ago
    Yep the darkest one (outlet choice). I actually like the grout color in the original sample very much - it tones down the orangey color quite a bit.
  • 13 years ago
    Oh. I think it's too orangy. It's called sand dune. Looks more orange in real life.
  • 13 years ago
    Oh, OK, then maybe a browner grout.
  • 13 years ago
    It's happening!!!
  • 13 years ago
    so exciting!
  • 13 years ago
    Grout color? Left is buff, right is almond. On top is the switch/outlet color. Bottom counter.
  • 13 years ago
    I like buff.
  • 13 years ago
    I think the buff will blend in nicely.
  • 12 years ago
    Just wanted to share. Counter went in today. And some appliances. :)
  • 12 years ago
    Adding under counter led strips and 2 pendant lights over peninsula.
  • 12 years ago
    Ugh. The grout looks soo dark. Way darker than the sample. They did it about 2 hrs ago. You can see to the right an area without grout. Will it lighten. I hope.
  • 12 years ago
    Oh, I think it's beautiful! You know how it is, you just stare at new things - once you get past that in a few days, I think you'll just love it. I do think grout lightens as it dries.
  • 12 years ago
    Looks beautiful already!!!
  • 12 years ago
    The grout looks perfect!
  • 12 years ago
    wow! great job!
  • 12 years ago
    You're doing a good job and making all the right choices...sometimes just need to go with your gut.
  • 12 years ago
    I just think the grout is dark. The sample was lighter. Hoping it lightens up.
  • 12 years ago
    It will lighten slightly as it dries...need to focus on the big picture rather than each separate detail. Again, you're making the right decisions to get to a kitchen that looks awesome.