Software
Houzz Logo Print
callash

Open concept paint help!

2 years ago

Hi there. We are moving into a home with a large first floor where all the rooms flows together. I’d like to use two complementary colors for variation and I think we’re set on Revere Pewter for the kitchen/family room. I was leaning toward Edgecomb Gray for the living/dining, two-story foyer, first floor hallways, and up the staircase to the second floor hallway, but my husband thinks it’s too dark. The challenge is the living/dining room get very warm southwest light but the hallways don’t get a ton of natural light, especially upstairs. Any suggestions on erring on the side of lighter (which may look washed out in the living area) vs. darker (which may be too dark in the hallways)? Was looking at Light Pewter as I’m afraid going to a cooler gray will look awkward when flowing from the Revere Pewter. TIA!