Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadywillowfarm

Inexpensive champagne by the case.

ShadyWillowFarm
last month
last modified: last month

Just got back from vacation and developed a 2 PM glass of champagne habit while away.☺️ What is your favorite champagne, or even sparkling wine, that won’t break the bank if I have a glass before dinner? 🍾🥂

Comments (17)

• sushipup2
    last month

Just one person, one glass a day? Champagne isn't the drink for you. Try a Bota Box wine, it'll keep in the box even after opened.

• Anne Duke
    last month

You’re not looking for champagne, you want a nice good quality Gloria Ferrer Brut, or possibly an Italian or Spanish sparkling wine. Lots to pick from.

• jackiep713
    last month

Roederer Estate Anderson Valley. French çhampsgne house with American grapes. House champagne for many chefs and sommeliers. About $20 bottle

• colleenoz
    last month

Prosecco is readily available in half bottles.

• Olychick
    last month
    last modified: last month

I've started buying Trader Joe's sparkling white wine in cans! I can't believe I'm admitting this. It's decent enough when you just want a glass of bubbly and don't want the rest of the bottle to go flat. If you can't stomach the idea of canned wine (like me, lol), I second the St Michelle brut. It's quite delicious and affordable. The canned wine comes in a rose (not bad) and a couple others that I've not been tempted to try (mango and something else I think...ugh). It comes in a turquoise can in pkgs of 4.

• A Mat
    last month

I used to purchase Frexinet half bottles by the case.

• J F
    last month

Costco has Kirkland Prosecco and Sparkling Rose. They're pretty good. They're $6 a bottle at my Costco.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    Original Author
    last month

We have this stopper thing that allows you to pump the air out of the bottle. The Wall Street Journal just ran an article on good and inexpensive Cremants, how fortuitous.

• fissfiss
    last month

The sparkling wines made by the French in the Napa Valley are quite good, and when purchased by the case during a good sale, not unreasonable. I prefer Domaine Chandon to Mumm Napa, but both are good.

• amystoller
    last month

Jaume Serrano Cava is a very drinkable sparkling white. They make a nice rosé, too, or at least they used to; I haven’t seen it in a while. Gruet is another very nice sparkling white. If you have your heart set on Champagne, Veuve Clicquot non-vintage is reliably good and well-priced, but I couldn’t call it inexpensive.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    Original Author
    last month

Oh, my heart is not set on champagne, just the “feel” of champagne.🙂🥂

• amystoller
    last month

Salut!

• blueskysunnyday
    last month

I don’t think you would want to use the thing that sucks the air out with something bubbly - you want to keep the air IN. They make stoppers for that.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    Original Author
    last month

Or maybe pump air back in?? Isn’t the logic that the pressure keeps the wine bubbly?

• blueskysunnyday
    last month

We have a champagne-specific stopper that can stand up to the pressure created within if the gas tries to get out. I can keep a bottle for a few days.

• blueskysunnyday
    last month

Here is a pic. It grips the ridges on the mouth of the bottle. This one is 20 years old. I have bought several since we got this one that just don’t work as well.