Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_526825737

Help - Kitchen Hood Color

Mel
last month
last modified: last month

Hi guys! I’m building a custom home & finalizing the kitchen cabinet selections but I cannot decide on a hood color. The hood will be custom build by my cabinet contractor. Normally I would go with the cabinet color but I don’t have upper cabinets on the wall; so I feel like it might look better to have it blend in with the wall color?

Details

• I plan to have the walls painted white/off-white (SW Snowbound or similar)
  • Tile : Bedrosians Celine (Zellige tile)
  • Perimeter cabinets : KCD shaker in Designer White
  • Island cabinets : KCD shaker in Evergreen Fog
  • Hardware : Top Knobs in Honey Bronze
  • Countertops : Black granite that looks similar to soapstone
  • There will be open shelves in empty corner next to the upper cabinets

Should the range hood be the color of the walls or the color of the cabinets?

Comments (11)

• Mel
    Original Author
    last month

Here is the tile & the kitchen cabinet color (soft white)

• herbflavor
    last month

I think Id bring in a lot of contrast. the walls are under used . what are the floors. Search for something custom and a bit spendy...then pare back your ideas if you need to a bit..based on budget. Hoods are expensive but on your wall I think I'd go the extra.

Kitchen Remodels · More Info

38" Hammered Copper Wall Mounted Euro Range Hood With Screen Filters · More Info

Contemporary Kitchens · More Info

• Kate Cowers
    last month

Something to match the hardware knobs - I like that hammered copper hood pictured above. You need some contrast.

• Mel
    Original Author
    last month

Just to clarify - the hood will be custom-built by the cabinetry contractor. It will look similar to the hood in the kitchen cabinet design.

• Mel
    Original Author
    last month

And this was my initial inspiration for the kitchen.

• tlynn1960
    last month

Since the hood will be made by your cabinet maker, I'd have it constructed in the same paint color as your perimeter cabinetry and not the wall color. Will there actually be much wall paint visible or is that whole window wall to be done in the Zellige tile? I actually prefer hoods to not be a stand out statement feature so like your idea of matching the cabinets so it's low contrast with the tile/paint choices. You're bringing in high contrast with your dark countertops and green island.

• cpartist
    last month

Is that a pantry between the fridge and the permimeter cabinets?

Where is the sink?

• Mel
    Original Author
    last month

Yes, that is a pantry. Sink is to the right of the range, underneath the window.

• chispa
    last month

I wouldn't want my main sink that close to the range. Some people aren't careful cooks and you could have spitting grease and water reaching someone at the sink ... I'm describing others in my house!

• stiley
    last month

Will the tile go up to the ceiling on the range wall? That would add some dimension. You could also have window treatments to add interest. Will the hood be plaster like your inspo pictures or wood like the cabinets? I'd lean more toward a simple hood with interest on other parts of the wall. And one annoying thing that's not related to what you asked -- will your cabinets go to the ceiling or you'll have a gap on top?

• Renee M
    last month

I would do the hood either the colors of the cabinets or island.

We're doing SW Beach house cabinets and SW Maxi teal on the island, decided to do our vent hood the same color as the island, like these examples.