Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_447565952

backsplash with Calacatta Miraggio Cove

2 years ago

Hi!
Choosing a backsplash for Calacatta Miraggio Cove Counter. We are doing dove white cabinets with a light stained oak island and brass hardware. We like the subtle gold of the Cove counter but dont want too much gold. Any suggestions or pics if you have done this?

Comments (30)

  • 2 years ago

    Wait until last and everything else is in before you choose the backsplash.

  • 2 years ago

    I’m doing cove for both counter and backsplash!

  • PRO
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    Yes to both above. Either answer: ) and what is the flooring, which should be considered for both selections. Counter AND back splash.

  • 2 years ago

    Our flooring is white oak with natural stain to match the rest of our home

  • 2 years ago

    @A D I posted recently about a quartz backsplash and was told it was not a great idea and that Quartz can scorch. Bummed because that was the original plan. Have you heard anything like that from your fabricator?

  • PRO
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    Can it scorch? Yes.....it can

    However. Much depends on your range, and it's installation, and even placement of a pot on those burners!

    It's done all the time, and certainly not every one of them scorches, or absolutely NOBODY would do it.

    What is the range or cook top you're planning?

  • 2 years ago

    We are doing a 36 in smeg dual fuel range with propane

  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    @Erinkathleen_c C we recently painted our oak cabinets BM White Dove and had MSI Calacatta Miraggio Cove countertops installed. Plan to paint walls BM Edgecomb Gray and have been on the hunt for backsplash tile for a few weeks. I don't want an all white kitchen, so was looking for something with a little color and don't want marble due to maintenance. I have brought home several tiles and plan to move forward with Sonoma Tilemakers Stellar in Bossy Gray. Hope this helps.


  • 2 years ago

    @aawarw this is so helpful!
    I just love the look of the cove… i agree not wanting all white. Share a pic of the finished product. Thanks!

  • 2 years ago

    Hello! I have an induction cooktop, so not as concerned about scorching or impact of the heat to the backsplash.

  • 2 years ago

    @A D @Erinkathleen_c C @aawarw I would really appreciate if you can share a pic of the Miraggio Cove counter!

  • 2 years ago

    @Erinkathleen_c C Thank you so much for the pictures! I'm in love!! What is your backsplash?

  • 2 years ago

    Its 5 x 5 Zellige Perla Polished Ceramic Tile. It was installed yesterday but not yet grouted. Its nice, it has alot of variation and a rustic look

  • 2 years ago

    @Erinkathleen_c C Thanks again, it pairs up beautifully!

  • 2 years ago

    @erinkathleen_c C, what color are your cabinets on the perimeter? This is beautiful!

  • 2 years ago

    They are ivory. Its slightly off white

  • 2 years ago

    Thanks! How deep is your overhang on the island? We were thinking 15” but were told we’d need extra supports.

  • 2 years ago

    Its 14 inches with no extra supports. Here are some extra pics. Still awaiting the hood insert so still not 100%

  • 2 years ago

    So pretty! Did you decide to not use quartz behind the range because of the scorching concern? I’m thinking the same. Also can I ask what kind of grout you’ll use for your tile backsplash? I am concerned about maintenance so was thinking epoxy.

  • 2 years ago

    Yeah. We decided not to bc if the scorching concerns. We just used conventional grout

  • 2 years ago

    Can you share a link to the hardware you used on the cabinets please?

  • 2 years ago

    Where are your light fixtures from? Love them

  • 2 years ago

    How are the stains on this countertop ? I’m looking to buy it ?

  • last year

    Absolutely beautiful! Can’t wait to have my new kitchen finished! We are using Speartec Amalfi Satin subway in white (the tile on the left!). Our cabinets will be warm white with a midnight navy island. Champagne bronze hardware and faucet!
    Need some advice on the subway-not sure I want to use the normal offset pattern.

  • 9 months ago

    I came across your pictures when looking for examples of Cove counters used in homes and love it! Who makes the dove white pain color you used for the cabinets? I'm trying to find a good creamy color right now to repaint ours when we replace the counter and yours looks great!

  • 9 months ago

    I cam across your pictures when looking for examples of cove countertops and love them! Who makes your dove white cabinet paint? I'm looking for the perfect creamy white currently for refinishing our cabinets.