Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ebony_davis30

what color sofa

Eb D
26 days ago

Which color sofa would go best with this area rug?

Comments (20)

• Paul F.
    26 days ago

More photos of the room would be helpful... wall color... color of other furniture, etc?

• ShadyWillowFarm
    26 days ago

Brown/tan/beige.

• A M
    26 days ago

• Eb D
    Original Author
    26 days ago

I like that. I was thinking blue but red is nice too

• HU-187528210
    25 days ago

Brown leather too

• HU-187528210
    25 days ago

Inspiration

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    25 days ago
    last modified: 25 days ago

We need to see the full rug. Is this your rug?

or is this your rug?

• freedomplace1
    25 days ago

Any color goes with that rug. Love the idea of red from @A M. I think @A M is in New Orleans (correct me if i’m wrong A M ) and so if you want cutting edge design, New Orleans has it, hands down. First thought I had was red, too. But blue goes, the leather or faux leather camel from HU-210 goes. One thing to consider is your wall color and what else do you have in your space ?

• Eb D
    Original Author
    25 days ago

My wall color is beige - very neutral color. My side tables are cherrywood.

• HU-570180435
    25 days ago

The leather IMO.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    25 days ago

Furniture is pretty expensive right now. If you choose neutral color furniture, you can keep the furniture and easily change the wall color, rug, and other accessories for a new look when you feel you need a new look. But if you buy a red sofa, you will need to decorate around the red sofa, or buy a new sofa if red no longer works for you.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    25 days ago

Tan colored leather and honestly unless the rug is an antique worth 1000s do not let it drive the decor .Rugs are cheap furniture not so much

• freedomplace1
    25 days ago

There are lots of ways to acquire furniture that will not break the bank. And rugs are not always cheaper than furniture. Also, not everyone wants to be married to one sofa, etc., forever. So it all depends on the person and what their priorities are, and what they want to do at any given time.

• M. Vogel
    25 days ago

furniture costs a ton. If you go with stuff in simple colors, you can just switch up things like wall colors, carpets, and little decor bits to change up your space whenever you feel like it. But if you snag a couch, you're kinda stuck decorating around that couch or you'll have to get a new one when you're over the red vibe.

• freedomplace1
    25 days ago

There would be zero reason for design, if the answer for everyone was to just, “get a neutral colored sofa and throw in some pops of color”, etc. Because - GOD FORBID you get a sofa that has some color - you might “get tired of it... “

I don’t think the OP has made any statements about bring committed to having a red sofa. In fact, she said that she had been considering a blue one.

BUT... if someone DID like a red sofa - there are many ways to decorate around such a sofa... and many ways to change the look of the space, WITHOUT changing the sofa.

• M. Vogel
    25 days ago

:o fair, those look great.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    24 days ago

Yep, they look great and you can probably find a used red sofa to drive your decor.

• Denise Marchand
    24 days ago

At first I was going to suggest a Dark Brown Sofa, but after reading the thread, a red sofa (or red wine) would look wonderful, upbeat and modern. Go for it!

• Boxerpal
    24 days ago

Becareful with red. It can fade easily unless you have great protection on your windows and you find a good quality red sofa that withstands fading.

We bought a Natuzzi 25 years ago. Red leather and it has been perfect for us. It is now in a bonus room looking as gorgeous as it did the day we bought it. I love that red sofa, ottoman and red chair. It took a beating from boxers sneaking up on it and a house full of kids but doesn't show a bit of damage. It's still the soft smooth Allaro red leather.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    24 days ago

After looking again at the rug I might go teal but it depends on how married you are to the rug.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz